Go4WoW Europe Cup #8
Last change: 05.05.2017 08:29
These are the rules for the Go4WoW Europe Cup #8. We make every effort to ensure the rules are complete and up to date but this may not always be the case. You should also check the Info Page and News for additions, exceptions and modifications that may apply. The rules are a guideline and the decisions by admins may differ from them depending on the circumstances. If you have any questions about the rules, please write a support ticket.
- 1. Match Media
- 2. Match rules
- 2.1. Server
- 2.2. Game preparations
- 2.3. Failure to appear / No Show
- 2.4. Ingame
- 2.4.1. Match Chat
- 2.4.2. Number of players
- 2.4.3. Arena Match Rules
- 2.4.4. Player drops
- 2.4.5. Regame
- 2.5. Illegal Actions
- 3. Penalty points
1. Match Media
All match media (screenshots, etc) must be kept for at least 14 days. In general, you should upload the match media from a match to the match page as soon as possible. Faking or manipulating match media is of course forbidden and will result in severe penalties. Match media should be named clearly based on what it is. It is not possible to file a protest or write a support ticket to complain about bad match media naming.
1.1.1. Score screenshot
- A screenshot of the scoreboard at the end of each match must be taken and uploaded to the match page.
- Manipulating of a screenshot can lead into penalty points. (a) Warning,(b) hiding parts of the scoreboard 1-2 penalty points, (c) faking the result of a match 4-6 penalty points.
1.2. Missing Screenshots
- A screenshot of the match result must be uploaded after a match.
- A missing or incomplete screenshot can lead to 1 penalty point or a warning for each team/player.
2. Match rules
Client and Server All matches have to be played on the official assigned World of Warcraft Realms.
2.2. Game preparations
Please resolve any problems that might occur before a match starts. Connection or Hardware Problems during a match could lead into a disqualification by ESL admins.
- Agreements between the teams/players have to be posted as match comments.
- Make sure the match is played with the right settings, e.g. Mode and Map.
- Make sure all players are eligible to play. In team games, all players must be registered in their corresponding team. The usage of a team foreign player can lead into (a) warning. (b) disqualification. (c) 2-6 penalty points (d) regame, depending on the case. An ESL admin will take further actions if there is a ringer suspicion.
2.3. Failure to appear / No Show
Each team or player has 15 minutes to show up to a match. (Match date +15 minutes). If only a few members are missing, an ESL Admin may decide to grant a team a few more minutes.
- In a Tournament the failure to appear / no show leads to a default loss of the match.
Please always enter that your opponent did not show up in the result sheet and upload a screenshot of the battle net client as proof you tried to get in touch.
2.3.1. Game Account
All ESL World of Warcraft players need to have entered their European World of Warcraft Battle.net Tag. A wrong, missing or outdated Battle.net Tag can lead into (a) warning. (b) 1-3 penalty points, depending on the case. A simple case of wrong, missing or outdated Battle.net Tag does not lead into a disqualification or a rematch, but the player has to update as soon as it's known. An ESL admin will take further actions if there is a ringer suspicion.
Please enter a lineup for each match on ESL match page in the cup widget right side of the cup, ladder or league page. (Not needed in 1on1 and 2on2 matches)
2.4.1. Match Chat
Please use the match chat on ESL for all official communication during a match. As official communication counts everything about roster locks, roster changes, team compositions, map selection and / or problems during a match. ESL admins are able to read the chat log and can join the match chat on ESL if needed or requested.
2.4.2. Number of players
All ESL matches should be played as example in 3on3 with 3 players per team and in 5on5 matches with 5 players per team. Exception in online matches can be made, please contact an admin in this case.
- A team can use up to 4 different players per team per match, but has to make sure to announce it in time, following the roster and composition change rules of the tournament, ladder or league.
2.4.3. Arena Match Rules
188.8.131.52. Map Pool
- Nagrand Arena
- Blade’s Edge Arena
- Ruins of Lordaeron
- Dalaran Arena
- Tol’viron Arena
- Tiger’s Peak
184.108.40.206. Map Selection
- Nagrand is always the first map of a match.
- In the following rounds of a match does the losing team pick the next un-played map.
- Nagrand is used for game 7 if a bo7 match goes to a 7th round.
- A map can not be played twice until every map has been played once.
220.127.116.11. Team Composition
Team compositions must not have:
- More than one healer.
- More than one tank.
All other team compositions are allowed.
18.104.22.168.1. Composition Locks
- The first round of a match is a "blind pick" round.
- In the following rounds has the winning team to announce their team composition for the following round first and the loosing team follows.
It is not allowed to change the team composition after the official announcement in match chat.
- Please pick the map first, then tell the team compositions.
2.4.4. Player drops
The game will continue if a player disconnects. The player has to return as soon as possible back to the game and continue playing. Regames are only given, in the case a player had a disconnect during the loading screen and/or couldn't load into the match and the doors didn't open yet.
Teams can agree on a re-game, if they think it's needed to play a fair and balanced match or to solve technical problems.
- A player can always leave before the doors open, in case there are problems to solve which would make it impossible to play with.
2.5. Illegal Actions
Any actions that result in an unfair advantage are illegal. This includes bug abuse of any kind or automated scripts.
Casting an ESL match is only allowed with an ESL admin agreement. To get an agreement please write a Support ticket.
2.5.2. Personal Streaming
Personal Streaming is always allowed if ESL TV is not casting a match. If ESL TV is casting a match, is personal streaming not allowed without an admin agreement. Personal Streaming of a match shown by ESL TV, without permission from an ESL admin, can lead into a disqualification of the team or ban of the streaming player in the tournament.
3. Penalty points
3.1. Penalty Point Catalogue
In general, a player and the team can receive up to 6 penalty points per match, unless a single violation has a higher punishment. A team is only punished once per violation, regardless of how many players. Where a player or team receives penalty points for multiple violations, the penalty points are added together.
|Rule violation||Number of penalty points|
|No show||Team: 3; Player: 2|
|Reject compulsory challenge||Normal: 1 |
Intense (top 10): 2
|Abort match||Player / Team: 2|
|Use of ineligible player|
|Inactive barrage||Player / Team: 3|
|Barraged||Player / Team: 6|
|Unregistered player||Player / Team: 3|
|Missing Premium (where required)||Player / Team: 3|
|Missing Trusted (where required)||Player / Team: 3|
|Ringer/Faker||Player / Team: 6|
|Playing with wrong gameaccount||Player / Team: 3|
|Playing without a registered gameaccount||Player / Team: 3|
|Multiple/Fake accounts||Warning / 1-3 penalty points|
|Deception||Player / Team: 1 - 4|
|Fake result||Player / Team: 4|
|Fake match media||Player / Team: 6|
|Fake match||Player / Team: 6|
|Cheating||Player: 12 / Team: 6|
Matches get only deleted if the team/player violating the rules won the match. In cup and league matches default wins are given instead of a match deletion and penalty points.
All content appearing in this document is the property of Turtle Entertainment GmbH
or is being used with the owner's permission. Unauthorized distribution, duplication,
alteration or other use of the material contained in this document, including without
limitation any trademark image, drawing, text, likeness or photograph, may constitute a
violation of the laws of copyright and trademark and may be prosecuted under criminal
and/or civil law.
No part of the content of this document may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system, except for personal use, without the written permissions of Turtle Entertainment GmbH.
All content in this document is accurate to the best of our knowledge. Turtle Entertainment GmbH assumes no liability for any error or omission. We reserve the right to change content and files on our website at any time without prior notice or notification.