WoT Open 1on1 Fun Ladder Europe
Last change: 12.08.2018 18:42
These are the rules for the WoT Open 1on1 Fun Ladder Europe. We make every effort to ensure the rules are complete and up to date but this may not always be the case. You should also check the Info Page and News for additions, exceptions and modifications that may apply. The rules are a guideline and the decisions by admins may differ from them depending on the circumstances. If you have any questions about the rules, please write a support ticket.
- 1. Rules Index
- 2. Rules Summary
- 3. Challenging
- 4. General Rules
- 4.1. Regional Restrictions & Lock
- 4.1.1. Penalties
- 4.2. Player accounts
- 4.3. Team accounts
- 4.4. Delaying matches
- 4.5. Admins and broadcast
- 4.6. ESL Anticheat - General
- 4.6.1. ESL Anticheat - Penalties
- 4.7. Cheats list
- 4.8. Replays
- 5. 1on1 Fun Ladder Specific Rules
- 5.1. Battle Settings
- 5.2. Pre-battle
- 5.3. Tank and position picking
- 5.4. Maps
- 5.5. Best of 1 / Victory / Defeat / Draw
- 6. Rule modifications
- 7. Penalty Point Catalogue
1. Rules Index
- Rules for 1on1 Duel Cup Europe
- Rules for 2on2 Clash Cup Europe
- Rules for 3on3 Ace Cup Europe
- Rules for 5on5 Yolo Cup Europe
- Rules for 7on7 Go4WoT
2. Rules Summary
- Battle Settings
- Teamsize: 1 player
- Timelimit: 10 minutes
- Game mode: Encounter
- In case of draw replay the battle
- Map: decided by players
- Best-of: decided by players
- Tier: decided by players
- Tank type: decided by players
In a ladder any participant may challenge any other. The challenge may be refused by the challenged if they choose. In ladders with more than 20 participants compulsory challenges are activated. If a participant is within 20 places above the challenging participants the refusal will be punished with one penalty point. If both participants are in the top 10 then the refusal will be punished with 2 penalty points.
A challenging participant from the newcomer pool (unranked) is considered as being at the bottom of the ladder, therefore the 20 participants ranked last in the ladder would be punished for rejecting a challenge.
Participants that have more than 5 outstanding challenges in a ladder, no matter if the matches are confirmed or not, may not take on any further challenges. This is scripted into the ESL system and cannot be changed.
4. General Rules
4.1. Regional Restrictions & Lock
Each Team or Player participating in competitions in ESL Play World of Tanks Europe is only allowed to field players from the European Cluster. The Regional Lock rule is applied based on Citizenship. In case of multiple Citizenships of a Player, the Player is allowed to choose which Citizenship applies for him.
- Exception from the rule applies only to legal residents who are able to present confirmation of their current permanent residence outside of the country of their Citizenship.
Definitions of each Region are as follows:
- EU cluster – Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom and Vatican City.
- Including states with limited recognition: Abkhazia, Kosovo, Nagorno-Karabakh, Northern Cyprus, Transnistria and South Ossetia.
- Including dependent territories: Akrotiri and Dhekelia, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Isle of Man and Jersey.
- Including special areas of internal sovereignty: Aland and Salbard.
- Including all countries in the geographical area of Africa.
If the country of the citizenship of a Player is not listed and/or a Player feels that he/she deserves an exception from the above rules, the ESL Administration will review these issues on a case by cases basis.
- Any Player is allowed to submit only one request for an exception from the Regional Lock rule.
- The ESL Administration’s decision is final.
- The ESL Administration reserves the right not to present an explanation behind the decision to approve or deny an exception from the rule.
A team in Silver Series, Silver Series Qualifier and the ESL Major League, regardless of its full Team Roster size, can have up to 3 Players from outside the European region defined above.
A Team can't have any players that are not part of the region where they want to participate in. In the event that teams try to apply, the following penalties apply:
- The first time the team is found applying in a region where they do not belong - immediate disqualification from the competition
- The second time the team is found applying in a region where they do not belong - immediate disqualification from the competition and 4 penalty points
- The third time the team is found applying in a region where they do not belong - immediate disqualification from the competition and 3 months ban from all ESL competitions for the team and all its players
- The fourth time the team is found applying in a region where they do not belong - immediate disqualification from the competition and 6 months ban from all ESL competitions for the team and all its players
4.2. Player accounts
Every Player must have a Wargaming.net Unified Game Account (Wargaming.net ID). If a Player does not have a Wargaming.net ID, then the player is not allowed to take part in any ESL tournament. The Electronic Sports League (ESL) Game Account has to include your World of Tanks in-game Nickname on the European server.
If a Team uses a player without a properly associated ESL Game Account, the following penalties will be given:
- Team will receive 3 penalty points
- Player will receive 3 penalty points - they can be deleted once the game account is added!
Our Game Integration system requires that every player on your team has a registered and correct gameaccount. In case the Game Integration does not work because of one of your players, the following penalties will be given:
- Team will receive 3 penalty points
- Player will receive 3 penalty points - without the possibility to delete the penalty points!
If you wish to add or change a game-account please take a screenshot of your in-game garage for verification.
4.3. Team accounts
Each team profile has to have a player set as Team Captain. A team may only use players that are shown in the team profile.
To participate in our cups, each team must have a Team name.
The name of the team does not have to be unique but ESL reserves the right to reject particular team names that are similar, or the same, as well-known brands or famous names in general.
Team names that are prohibited by law will not be accepted and will be removed and punished with 4 Penalty Points.
Team names that are breaking any rules of etiquette and generally accepted standards are also forbidden and punished with 4 Penalty Points.
If an ESL team account is deleted and then recreated, the Penalty Points will be transferred across and the team will receive additional 4 Penalty Points.
If a Team needs to contact a member of the ESL Administration Staff for any reason, they can do so through the support ticket system. A Team’s emblem (logo) should be related to its Team Name. Logos protected by copyright or breaking generally accepted standards or etiquette are forbidden and will be removed.
4.3.2. Team members
In a tournament (League, Series, Championship, etc.) a player can only play for one team. A list of examples can be found in the FAQ section of the ESL portal.
The following cannot play in any related tournaments:
- banned/locked teams
- banned/locked players
- "Inactive" or "Honorary" players
All players who have joined a team before the relevant official match date and time are allowed to participate in those matches as long as they fulfill the criteria for that tournament (the restrictions).
4.3.3. Changing team name
A Team may change its team name at any time. This also applies if the Team is restructured. The Team’s score will be transferred to the new team.
Using the Team Name Change Feature to deceive other Teams is strictly prohibited.
- Breaking this rule will result in receiving 4 penalty points
The old Team Name must be featured somewhere in the team’s description.
Very long team names or constant change of Team Names is prohibited and will be punished with 2 penalty points per change.
4.4. Delaying matches
If a team or player delays a match or battle, due to an ESL tournament or not, the team will be immediately disqualified.
4.5. Admins and broadcast
Admins and/or broadcasters are always allowed to join any battle played in ESL competitions to spectate. If an admin or a broadcaster ask you to invite him to a battle played in an ESL competition, you have to invite him.
- If you refuse to invite the admin and/or the broadcaster, you will be disqualified from the cup.
- If the broadcaster is kicked from the match in any way, you will be disqualified from the cup.
- Those that are found trying to spectate a match with a fake account will receive a 3 months ban from all competitions.
4.6. ESL Anticheat - GeneralESL Anticheat is mandatory for all players to use for the full duration of all matches. Please keep in mind that players are responsible for their own settings, which includes checking at least 3 hours in advance of a cup or league that their anticheat is working.
A correct use of the ESL Anticheat has a valid login and logout. A valid login displays a time before the start of the first battle. A valid logout displays a time after the end of the final battle.
- A player may have multiple logins and logouts per match, as long as he is correctly logged in for the full duration of all the battles.
For a missing or an incomplete ESL Anticheat file the player/team will be warned to revise the way they end the anticheat.
4.6.1. ESL Anticheat - Penalties
The penalties will be given only if the opponent team creates a protest after the match, within a maximum of 5 minutes after the last battle has ended. If you are unable to open a protest then you can open a support ticket, and the admin responsible will open a protest in your match. Match comments/reports/ESL Anticheat chat will not be accepted as a valid complaint.ESL Anticheat Penalties:
- No login in a round: round loss
- No login in the entire match: disqualification
- Instant logouts (logging out immediately after logging in) mean players are not using ESL Anticheat during the match, therefore are treated as not having a login
- Missing ESL Anticheat logout: warning
- By reaching the number of 2 warnings in different cup matches, the team will be disqualified.
- Warnings for a missing logout are valid for 14 days. Another missing logout within 14 days will be treated as playing without ESL Anticheat and will be penalized as such.
You can only report misuse of ESL Anticheat in your own match.Mentions:
- ESL Anticheat logfiles will not be taken into account when a match is concluded only through technical victories.
- Logfiles are only considered in the match currently being played - if a player logs in to another match he is considered as not having logged in.
- Admins may decide to disqualify a team without warning or protest if they notice one or more players in the team have missing logouts in more than one match.
- In the situation there is a protest but both teams had players that didn't not have a login in the entire match, both teams will be disqualified.
- You must be logged in before the countdown finishes.
- Creating a protest ticket about no ESL Anticheat logins before the match may result in a disqualification for the team that created the protest or even for both teams if the cup is delayed for too much time.
4.7. Cheats list
- Marking of destroyed objects on the minimap - Also known as Fallen trees and destroyed objects on the minimap
- Aimbot and Auto-aimbot
- Changes to transparency of map objects - also known as Tundra
- Indication of enemy vehicle reload time
- Alterations to tracers
- Warpack external client
- Tundra external client
- all external clients that affect the general game-play of the game
The following penalties will be given to those that are caught using illegal mods:
- 12 penalty points (this equals 2 years ban) for the player
- 6 penalty points to the team
The replay function must be activated by all players for the entire length of an ESL match.
Only an admin can request replays and if the player can't provide the replays, he will be punished as follows:
- 2 penalty points - if there's no suspicion of cheating
- 4 penalty points - if there's a suspicion of cheating
5. 1on1 Fun Ladder Specific Rules
5.1. Battle Settings
- Time-limit: 10 minutes
- Server: Matches have to be played on the server EU1. If EU1 is not available EU2 may be used.
- Map: Agreed upon by the players
- Battlemode: Encounter
- Tanks: Lights, Mediums or Heavies; agreed upon by the players
5.1.1. Tier Level
In the 1on1 Fun Ladder there is no tier restriction. This means you can play with any tier you want as long as your opponent agrees.
The player that launches the challenge must also propose a tier level. When the other player accepts the challenge, it means that he has accepted the tier level as well.
If the players cannot agree on the tier level, a protest must be created. The admin decision would be to enforce a standard tier level (8) or to delete the match.
5.1.2. Battle Mode
The battle mode is Encounter.
- You are allowed to capture the base.
- You are allowed to use the whole map.
5.1.3. Tank regulations
- TD & SPG are not allowed.
- Picking one of the above will result in a default loss.
5.1.4. Premium ammo / consumables
Premium ammo / consumables are allowed
Battle rooms have to be created by one of the players. If no room is created, the player on the left side of the matchsheet will be held responsible for not creating a battle room.
Battle rooms should be created 10 minutes before the official match time. Players should join immediately. If a player is not in the battle room 10 minutes after official match time, the opponent can get a Default Win.
The player that is placed on the left side of the matchsheet has to open the battleroom and invite his opponent. In case the player has a technical issue during the match, he cannot request a restart.
In case the player has disconnected, he has maximum 5 minutes to come back online or he will lose the match.
If the player responsible for creating the training room accidentally makes a mistake at one part of the training room (ex: wrong side, wrong map, wrong time), the match can be restarted once. If it happens twice, the player responsible for creating the training room will lose the match.
5.2.2. No show
If your opponent does not show 10 minutes after the official matchtime, you must enter as result that your opponent did not appear in time and you also need to enter 1:0 for you.
You also have to enter a screenshot to prove that your opponent didn't show up. If you don't add a screenshot, your match will be deleted.
The screenshot must be exactly like in the examples shown below. If the screenshot is not exactly like these ones, the match will still be deleted.
Even if you don't have to create the training room, if you see that your opponent is either online but not responding or offline, you need to create the training room yourself and in case he does not join in time, you need to create a screenshot as shown below.Situation 1 - the opponent is online but doesn't want to play Situation 2 - the opponent is offline
5.3. Tank and position picking
5.3.1. Position Picking
The player that is placed on the left side of the matchsheet picks the starting position.
5.3.2. Tank picking
The player that is placed on the left side of the matchsheet picks the first tank. After that the other player picks his tank.
The tank level & type must be the same, otherwise the match will be deleted.
Examples of matches that WILL NOT be accepted and will get deleted:
- You cannot fight with a tier 10 vs a tier 5.
- You cannot fight with a tier 9 vs a tier 8.
- You cannot fight with a medium vs a heavy.
- You cannot fight with a heavy vs a light.
We will only accept battles that are played:
- Heavy Tank vs Heavy Tank
- Medium Tank vs Medium Tank
- Light Tank vs Light Tank
In this ladder, there are no restricted areas. You are allowed to use the whole map in order to flank your opponent as much as you wish.
- Himmelsdorf in Winter
- Siegfried Line
5.5. Best of 1 / Victory / Defeat / Draw
The Best of 1 system means that you can play only 1 map. The map is shown in the matchsheet.
- Victory = you won the map if you destroyed your opponent or if you captured the base!
- Defeat = you lose the map if your tank was destroyed or if the base was captured!
- Draw = no tank was destroyed after 7 minutes or the base was not captured.
If you draw once, you will have to replay the map.
If you draw twice, the match will end as a draw, and the added score will be 0:0.
== 1:0 Normal victory
== 0:0 Draw
== 1:0 Victory after draw
6. Rule modifications
The ESL administration reserves the right to change or modify these rules, and in special cases make decisions not covered by these rules to preserve the spirit of fair competition and sportsmanship.
7. Penalty Point Catalogue
In general, a player and the team can receive up to 6 penalty points per match, unless a single violation has a higher punishment. A team is only punished once per violation, regardless of how many players. Where a player or team receives penalty points for multiple violations, the penalty points are added together.
|Rule violation||Number of penalty points|
|No show1||Team: 3; Player: 2|
|Reject compulsory challenge||Normal: 1 |
Intense (top 10): 2
|Abort match||Player / Team: 2|
|Use of ineligible player|
|Inactive barrage||Player / Team: 3|
|Barraged||Player / Team: 6|
|Unregistered player||Player / Team: 3|
|Missing Premium (where required)||Player / Team: 3|
|Missing Trusted (where required)||Player / Team: 3|
|Ringer/Faker||Player / Team: 6|
|Playing with wrong gameaccount||Player / Team: 3|
|Playing without a registered gameaccount||Player / Team: 3|
|Multiple/Fake accounts||Warning / 1-3 penalty points|
|Deception||Player / Team: 1 - 4|
|Fake result||Player / Team: 4|
|Fake match media||Player / Team: 6|
|Fake match||Player / Team: 6|
|Cheating||Player: 12 / Team: 6|
Matches get only deleted if the team/player violating the rules won the match.
All content appearing in this document is the property of Turtle Entertainment GmbH
or is being used with the owner's permission. Unauthorized distribution, duplication,
alteration or other use of the material contained in this document, including without
limitation any trademark image, drawing, text, likeness or photograph, may constitute a
violation of the laws of copyright and trademark and may be prosecuted under criminal
and/or civil law.
No part of the content of this document may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system, except for personal use, without the written permissions of Turtle Entertainment GmbH.
All content in this document is accurate to the best of our knowledge. Turtle Entertainment GmbH assumes no liability for any error or omission. We reserve the right to change content and files on our website at any time without prior notice or notification.