WoT 3on3 Ace Europe Cup #32
Last change: 12.08.2018 18:42
These are the rules for the WoT 3on3 Ace Europe Cup #32. We make every effort to ensure the rules are complete and up to date but this may not always be the case. You should also check the Info Page and News for additions, exceptions and modifications that may apply. The rules are a guideline and the decisions by admins may differ from them depending on the circumstances. If you have any questions about the rules, please write a support ticket.
- 1. Rules Index
- 2. Rules Summary
- 3. General Rules
- 3.1. Regional Restrictions & Lock
- 3.1.1. Penalties
- 3.2. Player accounts
- 3.3. Team accounts
- 3.4. Delaying matches
- 3.5. Admins and broadcast
- 3.6. ESL Anticheat - General
- 3.6.1. ESL Anticheat - Penalties
- 3.7. Cheats list
- 3.8. Replays
- 4. Prize Rules
- 5. 3on3 Specific Rules
- 5.1. Tournament system: Ace Cup
- 5.2. Battle Settings
- 5.3. Match Result
- 5.4. Match Rules
- 5.5. Restart
- 5.6. Maps
- 6. Rule modifications
- 7. Penalty Point Catalogue
1. Rules Index
- Rules for 1on1 Duel Cup Europe
- Rules for 2on2 Clash Cup Europe
- Rules for 3on3 Ace Cup Europe
- Rules for 5on5 Yolo Cup Europe
- Rules for 7on7 Go4WoT
2. Rules Summary
- Battle Settings
- Teamsize: 3 players
- Timelimit: 7 minutes
- Game mode: Encounter
- Tie Breaker mode: Attack/Defense
- Maps: As announced in the Matchsheet
3. General Rules
3.1. Regional Restrictions & Lock
Each Team or Player participating in competitions in ESL Play World of Tanks Europe is only allowed to field players from the European Cluster. The Regional Lock rule is applied based on Citizenship. In case of multiple Citizenships of a Player, the Player is allowed to choose which Citizenship applies for him.
- Exception from the rule applies only to legal residents who are able to present confirmation of their current permanent residence outside of the country of their Citizenship.
Definitions of each Region are as follows:
- EU cluster – Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom and Vatican City.
- Including states with limited recognition: Abkhazia, Kosovo, Nagorno-Karabakh, Northern Cyprus, Transnistria and South Ossetia.
- Including dependent territories: Akrotiri and Dhekelia, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Isle of Man and Jersey.
- Including special areas of internal sovereignty: Aland and Salbard.
- Including all countries in the geographical area of Africa.
If the country of the citizenship of a Player is not listed and/or a Player feels that he/she deserves an exception from the above rules, the ESL Administration will review these issues on a case by cases basis.
- Any Player is allowed to submit only one request for an exception from the Regional Lock rule.
- The ESL Administration’s decision is final.
- The ESL Administration reserves the right not to present an explanation behind the decision to approve or deny an exception from the rule.
A team in Silver Series, Silver Series Qualifier and the ESL Major League, regardless of its full Team Roster size, can have up to 3 Players from outside the European region defined above.
A Team can't have any players that are not part of the region where they want to participate in. In the event that teams try to apply, the following penalties apply:
- The first time the team is found applying in a region where they do not belong - immediate disqualification from the competition
- The second time the team is found applying in a region where they do not belong - immediate disqualification from the competition and 4 penalty points
- The third time the team is found applying in a region where they do not belong - immediate disqualification from the competition and 3 months ban from all ESL competitions for the team and all its players
- The fourth time the team is found applying in a region where they do not belong - immediate disqualification from the competition and 6 months ban from all ESL competitions for the team and all its players
3.2. Player accounts
Every Player must have a Wargaming.net Unified Game Account (Wargaming.net ID). If a Player does not have a Wargaming.net ID, then the player is not allowed to take part in any ESL tournament. The Electronic Sports League (ESL) Game Account has to include your World of Tanks in-game Nickname on the European server.
If a Team uses a player without a properly associated ESL Game Account, the following penalties will be given:
- Team will receive 3 penalty points
- Player will receive 3 penalty points - they can be deleted once the game account is added!
Our Game Integration system requires that every player on your team has a registered and correct gameaccount. In case the Game Integration does not work because of one of your players, the following penalties will be given:
- Team will receive 3 penalty points
- Player will receive 3 penalty points - without the possibility to delete the penalty points!
If you wish to add or change a game-account please take a screenshot of your in-game garage for verification.
3.3. Team accounts
Each team profile has to have a player set as Team Captain. A team may only use players that are shown in the team profile.
To participate in our cups, each team must have a Team name.
The name of the team does not have to be unique but ESL reserves the right to reject particular team names that are similar, or the same, as well-known brands or famous names in general.
Team names that are prohibited by law will not be accepted and will be removed and punished with 4 Penalty Points.
Team names that are breaking any rules of etiquette and generally accepted standards are also forbidden and punished with 4 Penalty Points.
If an ESL team account is deleted and then recreated, the Penalty Points will be transferred across and the team will receive additional 4 Penalty Points.
If a Team needs to contact a member of the ESL Administration Staff for any reason, they can do so through the support ticket system. A Team’s emblem (logo) should be related to its Team Name. Logos protected by copyright or breaking generally accepted standards or etiquette are forbidden and will be removed.
3.3.2. Team members
In a tournament (League, Series, Championship, etc.) a player can only play for one team. A list of examples can be found in the FAQ section of the ESL portal.
The following cannot play in any related tournaments:
- banned/locked teams
- banned/locked players
- "Inactive" or "Honorary" players
All players who have joined a team before the relevant official match date and time are allowed to participate in those matches as long as they fulfill the criteria for that tournament (the restrictions).
3.3.3. Changing team name
A Team may change its team name at any time. This also applies if the Team is restructured. The Team’s score will be transferred to the new team.
Using the Team Name Change Feature to deceive other Teams is strictly prohibited.
- Breaking this rule will result in receiving 4 penalty points
The old Team Name must be featured somewhere in the team’s description.
Very long team names or constant change of Team Names is prohibited and will be punished with 2 penalty points per change.
3.4. Delaying matches
If a team or player delays a match or battle, due to an ESL tournament or not, the team will be immediately disqualified.
3.5. Admins and broadcast
Admins and/or broadcasters are always allowed to join any battle played in ESL competitions to spectate. If an admin or a broadcaster ask you to invite him to a battle played in an ESL competition, you have to invite him.
- If you refuse to invite the admin and/or the broadcaster, you will be disqualified from the cup.
- If the broadcaster is kicked from the match in any way, you will be disqualified from the cup.
- Those that are found trying to spectate a match with a fake account will receive a 3 months ban from all competitions.
3.6. ESL Anticheat - GeneralESL Anticheat is mandatory for all players to use for the full duration of all matches. Please keep in mind that players are responsible for their own settings, which includes checking at least 3 hours in advance of a cup or league that their anticheat is working.
A correct use of the ESL Anticheat has a valid login and logout. A valid login displays a time before the start of the first battle. A valid logout displays a time after the end of the final battle.
- A player may have multiple logins and logouts per match, as long as he is correctly logged in for the full duration of all the battles.
For a missing or an incomplete ESL Anticheat file the player/team will be warned to revise the way they end the anticheat.
3.6.1. ESL Anticheat - Penalties
The penalties will be given only if the opponent team creates a protest after the match, within a maximum of 5 minutes after the last battle has ended. If you are unable to open a protest then you can open a support ticket, and the admin responsible will open a protest in your match. Match comments/reports/ESL Anticheat chat will not be accepted as a valid complaint.ESL Anticheat Penalties:
- No login in a round: round loss
- No login in the entire match: disqualification
- Instant logouts (logging out immediately after logging in) mean players are not using ESL Anticheat during the match, therefore are treated as not having a login
- Missing ESL Anticheat logout: warning
- By reaching the number of 2 warnings in different cup matches, the team will be disqualified.
- Warnings for a missing logout are valid for 14 days. Another missing logout within 14 days will be treated as playing without ESL Anticheat and will be penalized as such.
You can only report misuse of ESL Anticheat in your own match.Mentions:
- ESL Anticheat logfiles will not be taken into account when a match is concluded only through technical victories.
- Logfiles are only considered in the match currently being played - if a player logs in to another match he is considered as not having logged in.
- Admins may decide to disqualify a team without warning or protest if they notice one or more players in the team have missing logouts in more than one match.
- In the situation there is a protest but both teams had players that didn't not have a login in the entire match, both teams will be disqualified.
- You must be logged in before the countdown finishes.
- Creating a protest ticket about no ESL Anticheat logins before the match may result in a disqualification for the team that created the protest or even for both teams if the cup is delayed for too much time.
3.7. Cheats list
- Marking of destroyed objects on the minimap - Also known as Fallen trees and destroyed objects on the minimap
- Aimbot and Auto-aimbot
- Changes to transparency of map objects - also known as Tundra
- Indication of enemy vehicle reload time
- Alterations to tracers
- Warpack external client
- Tundra external client
- all external clients that affect the general game-play of the game
The following penalties will be given to those that are caught using illegal mods:
- 12 penalty points (this equals 2 years ban) for the player
- 6 penalty points to the team
The replay function must be activated by all players for the entire length of an ESL match.
Only an admin can request replays and if the player can't provide the replays, he will be punished as follows:
- 2 penalty points - if there's no suspicion of cheating
- 4 penalty points - if there's a suspicion of cheating
4. Prize Rules
4.1. Gold Prizes
The total gold won by a team is distributed evenly among everyone in the ESL lineup for all matches of that competition. In each match you can use different players, so the line-up can vary from a match/game to another.
- If the competition is played through Special Battles, you don't need to submit any line-ups, as Battle API uploads the lineup automatically.
- If the competition is played through Training Rooms, make sure you submit the line-up for the matches you played! If you do not set a line-up, you will not receive gold.
Only players that play at least 1 battle will be eligible to receive gold prizes. Losing by technical defeat (no-show) does not make you eligible.
Your gold should arrive within 1 week of the end of the competition.
- If you have not received your gold within 4 weeks, you must inform us via a support ticket support ticket. We will not accept missing gold reports later than 4 months after the date of the cup.
4.2. Money Prizes
Follow the information in this page: http://play.eslgaming.com/worldoftanks/europe/wot/major/go4wot-europe/request-prizes.
All raffles in ESL WoT competitions will use the same rules as Gold Prizes. Players eligible for Gold Prizes will also be eligible for raffles.
ESL Employees and ESL admins cannot win items in raffles.
5. 3on3 Specific Rules
5.1. Tournament system: Ace Cup
5.1.1. Weekly Ace Cups
- Date: Every Thursday
- Hour: 18:00 CET
- Top 32 receive gold
5.1.2. Ace Cup Season Final
- Date: Thursday
- Hour: 18:00 CET
- Top 12 qualify
- Top 8 receive gold
5.2. Battle Settings
- Team-size: 3 players
- Time-limit: 7 minutes
- Server: Matches have to be played on the server EU1.
- Map: to be found in the match details
As the system implies, in this competition you can only play 3on3. Teams that use less (or more) than 3 players, will lose their match.
5.3. Match Result
Both teams are responsible that the correct result is entered. If there are any disagreements, the protesting party must open a protest or support ticket. Protests in the match-chat or statement box will not alert the admin team, therefore will not be resolved. The team captain must submit the players of his lineup before each match on the matchsheet. If you do not submit the line-up after each match, you will receive 1 penalty point, but this is not a subject of disqualification! You also may not receive your prize!For teams that attack
- Victory = you've won the map if all the enemy tanks are destroyed or if you captured the enemy base in the timelimit.
- Defeat = you've lost the map if all your tanks are destroyed or if you didn't capture the enemy base in the timelimit.
- Victory = you've won the map if all the enemy tanks are destroyed or the timelimit was reached.
- Defeat = you've lost the map if all your tanks are destroyed or if the opponent captured your base.
5.3.1. Mode: Best of 3
In best of 3, you play 3 random maps that are shown on the match sheet.
- Teams are randomly assigned map sides
Till Semi-final matches are played in the Best of 3 mode.
5.3.2. Mode: Best of 5
In best of 5, you play 5 random maps that are shown on the match sheet.
- Teams are randomly assigned map sides
The Final and 3rd place match are played in Best of 5 mode.
184.108.40.206. Tie Breaker
In case the score is tied before the last round, you have to play a Tie Breaker.
The Tie Breaker Game Map will be determined separately for each round and will be shown in the match page.
The Tier Breaker Game regulation – Home Team
- The team who achieved the fastest Victory (having more time left before the timeout) in a single Battle as an Attacker is the Home Team in a Tie Breaker Game
- In case no team achieved Victory as an Attacker, the Team with higher cumulative damage in all Games of the Match as the Attacker is the Home Team.
- The Home Team will defend during the Tie Breaker Game.
- Victory in the Tie Breaker Game grants Victory in the entire Match.
5.4. Match Rules
5.4.1. Tank regulations
- Teams may contain tanks of different nations
- Premium vehicles are allowed
- MAX tier 8 tanks may be used
- Breaking this rule will result into a disqualification
- The total amount of tier points in a team must be 24
- Only one autoloader is allowed per team
- B-C 12 t
- M41 Bulldog
- AMX 50 100
- Emil I
5.4.2. Battle API
As we are using an automatic invite system, bear in mind:
- You do not have to create a training room! - you will be automatically invited to the match through the special battle system.
- There is no tank picking! - you simply choose your tank and press ready.
- The Attack/Defense roles are shown in-game and they are assigned randomly!
- Tie Breaker - the team with the better attack time or, by case, with the highest damage dealt as attacker, will be always DEFENDING in Tie Breaker.
Common mistakes that need to be avoided:
- Do not forget to start the game with ESL Anti-Cheat - you will lose the match at the end of it if you didn't use the ESL Anti-Cheat.
- Do not forget to press ready - if you didn't click ready before the preparation time reached zero:
- The first time this happens during a match - your team already lost the round.
- The second time this happens during a match - your team lost the match.
For more information you can check the Battle API FAQ page.
220.127.116.11. Match Set as Exception
In the event none of the teams press ready before the preparation time is elapsed, the match will be set as an exception.
- The first time it happens during the same match, if both teams are active - the match will be restarted.
- The second time it happens during the same match - both teams will be disqualified.
With the Battle API system, there are no restarts possible!
- Siegfried Line
- Sand River
6. Rule modifications
The ESL Administration reserves the right to change or modify these rules and, in special cases, make decisions not covered by these rules to preserve the spirit of fair competition and sportsmanship.
7. Penalty Point Catalogue
In general, a player and the team can receive up to 6 penalty points per match, unless a single violation has a higher punishment. A team is only punished once per violation, regardless of how many players. Where a player or team receives penalty points for multiple violations, the penalty points are added together.
|Rule violation||Number of penalty points|
|No show1||Team: 3; Player: 2|
|Reject compulsory challenge||Normal: 1 |
Intense (top 10): 2
|Abort match||Player / Team: 2|
|Use of ineligible player|
|Inactive barrage||Player / Team: 3|
|Barraged||Player / Team: 6|
|Unregistered player||Player / Team: 3|
|Missing Premium (where required)||Player / Team: 3|
|Missing Trusted (where required)||Player / Team: 3|
|Ringer/Faker||Player / Team: 6|
|Playing with wrong gameaccount||Player / Team: 3|
|Playing without a registered gameaccount||Player / Team: 3|
|Multiple/Fake accounts||Warning / 1-3 penalty points|
|Deception||Player / Team: 1 - 4|
|Fake result||Player / Team: 4|
|Fake match media||Player / Team: 6|
|Fake match||Player / Team: 6|
|Cheating||Player: 12 / Team: 6|
Matches get only deleted if the team/player violating the rules won the match.
All content appearing in this document is the property of Turtle Entertainment GmbH
or is being used with the owner's permission. Unauthorized distribution, duplication,
alteration or other use of the material contained in this document, including without
limitation any trademark image, drawing, text, likeness or photograph, may constitute a
violation of the laws of copyright and trademark and may be prosecuted under criminal
and/or civil law.
No part of the content of this document may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system, except for personal use, without the written permissions of Turtle Entertainment GmbH.
All content in this document is accurate to the best of our knowledge. Turtle Entertainment GmbH assumes no liability for any error or omission. We reserve the right to change content and files on our website at any time without prior notice or notification.