FAQ: ESL Anti-Cheat
How do I add World of Tanks to ESL Anti-Cheat?
- Donwload and install the latest version of ESL Anti-Cheat. You can get it from this link and you can read about the compatibility of ESL Anti-Cheat here
- Run ESL Anti-Cheat as system administrator
- Click on the "Play" tab in ESL Anti-Cheat and press on "Add game"
- Click on "Add a game manually"
- Select "World of Tanks" from the list
- Choose "Worldoftanks.exe" from the game directory. Make sure that you do not choose "WoTLauncher.exe"
- Please wait until the progress bar reaches 100% in the next window. ESL Anti-Cheat should detect the registry keys connected to "Worldoftanks.exe". Choose any of them. If no keys are detected, click "Add without keys"
- ESL Anti-Cheat will perform a test-run of the game. Don't click the "Game is closed" button yet! You have to get to the login screen. Close the game, wait a few seconds and confirm that you have closed the game if necessary
- Finally, ESL Anti-Cheat will detect the executable connected to the game. Choose "Worldoftanks.exe" from that list
How do I test if my ESL Anti-Cheat is set up correctly?
- Join the ESL Wire testing team
- Run ESL Anti-Cheat. Double Click World of Tanks on your gamelist ("Play" tab)
- Check the "Match/Gather/PCW" box. Select the "vs. Wire Anti-Cheat team" match from the list. Anti-Cheat option should be checked with gray color
- Run the game. Make sure the "Matchmedia upload" window didn't appear
- Play a few games to determine how Anti-Cheat works on your PC. It can lower your fps rate if you have multiple applications open at the same time
- Quit the game. Now the "Matchmedia upload" window should appear - this is the signal that the Anti-Cheat has stopped
- Go to the match page. Below the match Media click on the arrow next to "ESL Wire Anti-Cheat Logfiles" to see the Logs. Search for your nickname there and check the login and logout dates; they should correspond to the time you opened and closed the game. If they are correct, your ESL Anti-Cheat is working correctly!
How do I start a match with ESL Anti-Cheat?
- Go to the match page
- Click the blue "Start WoT with ESL Anti-Cheat" button
- If prompted, select "Launch application"
- Wait for the Anti-Cheat client to start and launch your game!
- After you are logged into the game, go to the matchpage and see if you have a correct login time. Always remember to check this!
- If you only have only a login (no logout), you are correctly logged in and can start playing
- If you have a logout before you close the game, you might have configured something wrong! Read below to find out how to fix this, or submit a support ticket
- If you have an instant logout after you login, you may have selected the "WoTLauncher.exe" instead of "WorldofTanks.exe"! Remove your game and add it back again!
- If the "Matchmedia Upload Window" appears as soon as you start your game, you may have selected the "WoTLauncher.exe" instead of "WorldofTanks.exe"! Remove your game and add it back again!
- If the "Transmitting Data" at the end of the game is open for too long, make sure you disable other programs on your computer, and remove any mods you are using!
- If you have persisting problems with ESL Anti-Cheat, try uninstalling and reinstalling the program!
- If you have a problem that is not detailed above, please submit a support ticket! Our admin team will be happy to assist you!