Vodafone ESL Mobile Open - PUBG Mobile FAQ
Where can I contact the administration team?
How to play on qualifiers?
- Choose a qualifier, then sign up and check your squad in.
- Go to the Tournament's "Rankings" tab, or navigate to your match on the right side widget to check which one is your group after the clock hits 17:00.
- Follow #in-announcement on our Discord server closely. Join your group's lobby when it goes live with the Lobby ID that is provided in the channel, and the password that is shown on ESL on your match page.
- Bring your squad into the lobby, wait until the match starts, and do your best to win!
- If you have future matches, wait a bit, admins will soon announce the next lobbies.
How many teams will be able to play per qualifier?
- Every week only the first 640 teams to check in will be able to play in the competition.
Where can I find the match lobby in the game?
- See this little house here?
Click on it, enter the lobby ID on the top left, and there you are!
Where can I find the lobby ID?
- Join our Discord server, and follow our announcements in the #in-announcement channel to get to know about your lobby's ID.
Where can I find the lobby password?
- Head over to your match page, and you will find the lobby password right under your Lobby name, you can find an example here:
If you have difficulties finding this, ask for help on Discord!
Can you give me a TLDR on the structure of the tournament? What about the qualifiers?
- We host weekly qualifiers for 3 months where teams earn points. The top 20 teams from there advance to our Monthly Finals from where the best of the best will be invited to the Grand Finals in Italy!
- Each qualifier consists of up to 6 matches where you can earn points. Weaker teams will be eliminated throughout the day, so at the end of the day only the best teams will compete to earn points.
How many matches do we have per qualifier?
- For 1-20 teams, we'll have one round with 5 matches. Everybody plays 5 times.
- For 21-40 teams, we'll have two rounds. The first one will have 2 matches, then the top 10 teams from each group head to our final round that has 3 matches.
- For 41-80 teams, we'll have three rounds. Each round will have 2 matches, and always the top 10 teams from each group will advance to the next round.
- For 81-160 teams, we'll have four rounds. The first three rounds will only have 1 match from where the top 10 teams head to our next rounds; while the final round will have 2 matches.
- For 161-320 teams, we'll have five rounds. The first four rounds will only have 1 match from where the top 10 teams head to our next rounds; while the final round will have 2 matches.
- For 321-640 teams, we'll have six rounds. Every round will have one match.
How does the point system work?
Each team that plays matches and has their nicknames correctly set up earn points for two purposes:
- These points help you get through the qualifier. For each qualifier from each round the top 10 teams advance to the next round, where they can continue earning points to advance to later rounds, while bottom teams get eliminated.
- All the points you earn during the month in qualifiers advance you in our monthly rankings, from which at the end of the months the top 20 teams will be invited to our Monthly Finals. Check out the current rankings here!
My team status is not ready
- Under the Requirements box and below your selected team's name, you'll find a Team status option. If you open it, you'll find all information about your team marked with a red X which is not fulfilling the requirements.
- After it's all fixed, you'll get the team ready status
What is the Check in?
- The check in is necesarry for you to let us know that you are going to participate in the tournament. If you don't check in you will not participate in the cup so please, pay attention to it.
When does the Check in start?
- The Check in always starts 30 minutes prior to the qualifiers
When and where can I find my opponent?
- Once the qualifier started and the bracket is live, navigate to the match page
Where can I report the result?
- The result will be automatically filled in by admins, but always take screenshots of your scores to ensure that you will be able to protest incorrect scores.
- In case you find an incorrect score to be added for your team, please reach out to the admins on Discord immediately.
Account and Team
How to create an ESL account?
- Navigate to this page and register an account
How to create a team?
- Navigate to this page and select the Create team option
Created a team but it doesn't show up on the dropdown list
- In order to be able to sign up for a qualifier, please make sure all team members have joined the team and added their own PUBG Mobile Nickname tag to their profile
What are the restrictions of participation?
- The majority (3/4) of players of your team's roster must be residents of India.
- All Portuguese players must be 18 years of age or older. All players from other countries must be 16 years of age or older.
- If a player is below the age of majority in their country but above 16 years of age, they will need a legal guardian to consent to their attendance at the finals.
- All players must hold valid travel documents for travel to Milan Games Week, Milan, Italy for the world finals.
- Players must not be an employee or under the employ of ESL? Tencent or other associated parties.
- Players must not have been an employee or under the employ of ESL, Tencent or other associated parties in the last 6 months.
How to add your team members?
- Navigate to this page. Click on the settings button next to your team and choose the Manage team option. You'll find an invitation link there which you can send to your teammates.
When can i change players in my team?
- Team members can be changed between qualifiers without special restrictions
- If the team qualified to the Monthly Finals, they'll be able to change one member of the team before it starts. Such intentions shall be communicated to the admin team as soon as they are known via a support ticket. Based on time and other factors such requests may be denied instantly
- If the team qualified to the Grand Finals, they'll be able to change one member of the team. Such intentions shall be communicated to the admin team as soon as they are known via a support ticket. Based on time and other factors such requests may be denied instantly
How to add your player tag?
- Navigate to our cup portal and select an upcoming qualifier. In the Requirements box, you'll find a PUBG MOBILE NICKNAME field and a Register button next to it.
- Enter your in-game nickname here. Please note that if you add an incorrect nickname, you won't be able to earn points for the team.
- If you encounter any error messages, please open a Suppoer ticket with a screenshot from the game where your ingame name is visible, then we will check the issue out.