Start of check in: Wednesday, 6th July 2016 11:30 PST
End of check in: Wednesday, 6th July 2016 11:45 PST
Start of late sign up: Wednesday, 6th July 2016 11:45 PST
End of late sign up: Wednesday, 6th July 2016 12:00 PST
Start of Day 1: Wednesday, 6th July 2016 12:00 PST
Start of Day 2: Thursday, 7th July 2016 12:00 PST
Game ID: Overwatch (Americas)
Mode: 6on6, Single Elimination
Official Language: English
More information: Rules
- Game mode:
- Round of 1024 - Round of 256: Best of One
- Round of 128 - Round of 16: Best of Three
- Quarterfinal: Best of Five
- Maps: The first map will be preselected.
The losing team of each map will be able to pick the next map
- This weeks map pool: Dorado, Hollywood, Hanamura, Nepal, King's Row, Gibraltar
- Hero selection limit: None
- All heroes are currently allowed
- Disable kill cam: On
- High bandwidth: On
- Rule set: Competitive
- Each won map awards one point.
- In case of a tie on Payload, Hybrid or Assault maps the automatically starting sudden death is to be ignored. Instead, both teams will be awarded one point and if needed the next map is to be chosen by the team with less overall points. If the series is tied a coin flip will determine who decides the next map.
- Win condition: A team needs to accumulate points until it is no longer possible for their opponent to catch up. (see the above scoring system for reference.)
Example: Team A successfully won game 1. Team B chooses the 2nd map. The 2nd game gets played and results is a tie. The score is now 2-1. Team B chooses the 3rd map and aims to even up the score. Team B wins game 3. The score is now 2-2 and Ilios will have to be played to break the tie.
- If both teams are tied after three/five maps (in a Best of Three or Best of Five respectively) another Best of Three series on that week’s predetermined Control map will decide the winner.
Please note that only the tiebreaker Control map will be played as a Best of Three. If a Control map is chosen as part of the original map pool it is to be played as a Best of Five.
- Recordings and/or screenshots from each round are required.
The final will consist of 16 teams that qualified through the open qualifier. The top 4 placed teams from the final will then qualify for the Atlantic Showdown at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany.All qualified teams will have their travel and hotel paid for the duration of the event.
Is this your first time? Here are the important steps:
- Follow the instructions on the right to sign up and check in
- If check in is enabled, make sure to check in on time
- Wait for your first match to show up on the right
- Get in contact with your opponent and play the match
- Enter the result and ask your opponent to confirm
- Wait for your next match
Still need help? During the cup, use chat if it is available, otherwise please contact support.Match related issues must be handled via match protest.