Tournament General Details:
- Mode: 1on1
- Seeding: random
- Tournament system: Single Elimination Best of 3 (if there is no more than 256 participants) or Swiss* (if there is more than 256 participants)
If the Swiss system is used the settings are as follows:
- Number of rounds: 8
- Elimination after 2 losses
*Swiss is a cup system where you won't get kicked out of a Swiss cup after your first loss, you will stay in the Swiss cup until a certain loss-threshold has been reached or the cup has finished. Every Swiss cup has a fixed amount of rounds. In every round you will be matched against opponents of your skill group, based on the current player score (for example, players who have a 1-1 score face others with the same score). A ranking will be shown at the end of the cup based on the points of every contestant's performance.
Ranking and tiebreaker system
Final position in the ranking will be determined by the number of wins, or if equal than determined - by tiebreakers. Tiebreaker system takes three values into account which are described below.
- Tiebreaker 1 (Buchholz system): represents the sum of the opponents wins.
- Tiebreaker 2 (W/L Sum): represents the performance of opponents that a player played during the tournament. Players who played against stronger opponents will be ranked higher within the standings of the tournament. To calculate this value, sum the number of points each opponent contributes. Opponents contribute +1 for each win they accumulate throughout the tournament and -1 for each loss they accumulate throughout the tournament. Each single opponent may never contribute less than -3 points to a player's first tiebreaker. Default wins contribute 0 points to the player’s W/L Sum tiebreaker.
- Tiebreaker 3 (First Tiebreaker Sum): represents the performance of the opponents that all of a players opponents played. Players who played against opponents who consistently played against stronger opponents throughout the Tournament will be ranked higher within the standings of the tournament. To calculate this value, total the sum of W/L Sum for all opponents that the player played. Default wins contribute 0 points to the players Second Tiebreaker Sum tiebreaker.
Please check the rulebook for the complete tournament series information.