- Add your opponent as a friend.
- Start Madden NFL 20.
- Create an online Lobby.
- Invite your opponent.
- Select the "Match Details" found below.
- Take a screenshot with the chosen teams.
- Start the match.
- After the match is finished, please enter the result and screenshots via ESL Play mobile app or website.
- Player is responsible for uploading screenshots of the game results at the end of the game. Screenshots must include the nickname of the opponent and final score.
- Entering a result while a match is in progress disqualifies the player.
- If you have a conflict in the game, please open a protest ticket so an admin can review the case and make a decision.
- Game Mode: 1on1.
- Format: All matches are Bo1.
- Tournament Type: Swiss System.
- Number of rounds: 4.
- No show time: 10 minutes from the scheduled match time. If your opponent is not present, open a protest ticket.
- Fatigue: On.
- Quarter Length: 5 minutes.
- Game Skill: All-Pro.
- Accelerated Clock: 20 sec.
- Weather: Clear.
- Stadium: Home Team Stadium.
- Teams: All teams allowed.
Players positioned on the left side will always be the HOME team while the right side will always be AWAY team.
What is Swiss System?In each round, contestants are paired up against a contestant with the same win-loss record*. If there are an odd number of contestants with the same win-loss record, a contestant will be randomly paired against a random contestant from the next best win-loss record. If there are an odd number of contestants remaining overall, a random contestant with the worst win-loss record will receive a default win*.
The number of rounds in the tournament may vary depending on the amount of checked-in players. Please visit the website to see the number of rounds once the tournament is live. Players drop from the tournament after 4 losses. From this point on no matches are assigned to them and they will be able to see the tournament results once the tournament is over.
*Except in the first round.
Is this your first time? Here are the important steps:
- Follow the instructions on the right to sign up and check in
- If check in is enabled, make sure to check in on time
- Wait for your first match to show up on the right
- Get in contact with your opponent and play the match
- Enter the result and ask your opponent to confirm
- Wait for your next match
Still need help? During the cup, use chat if it is available, otherwise please contact support.