1. Add your opponent as a friend
2. Start Madden NFL 20
3. Go to the online Lobby
4. Invite your opponent
5. Select the "Match Details" found below
6. Start the match
* Format: 1on1
* Type: Swiss System
* Number of rounds: 5
* Elimination after 2 losses
* Best of 1 games
* Time limit: 5 minutes per quarter
* AI Skill: All-Pro
* Accelerated Clock: On
* Play Clock Remaining: 20 seconds
* Stadium: Home Team Stadium
* Weather: Clear
* Teams: All teams allowed
Swiss Round Schedule:
* Round 1: 3:00 pm EST
* Round 2: 4:00 pm EST
* Round 3: 5:00 pm EST
* Round 4: 6:00 pm EST
* Round 5: 7:00 pm EST
What is Swiss System?
In each round, contestants are paired up against a contestant with the same win-loss record*. If there are an odd number of contestants with the same win-loss record, a contestant will be randomly paired against a random contestant from the next best win-loss record. If there are an odd number of contestants remaining overall, a random contestant with the worst win-loss record will receive a default win*.
The number of rounds in the tournament may vary depending on the amount of checked-in players. Please visit the website to see the number of rounds once the tournament is live. Players drop from the tournament after 2 losses. From this point on no matches are assigned to them and they will be able to see the tournament results once the tournament is over.
*Except in the first round
Open a support ticket to claim your prize. Prize will be sent from 15-60 days after the end of the tournament.
Is this your first time? Here are the important steps:
- Follow the instructions on the right to sign up and check in
- If check in is enabled, make sure to check in on time
- Wait for your first match to show up on the right
- Get in contact with your opponent and play the match
- Enter the result and ask your opponent to confirm
- Wait for your next match
Still need help? During the cup, use chat if it is available, otherwise please contact support.