LoL 1on1 Regional Summer Cup Qualifier #1 Southeast Europe
Last change: 01.02.2020 07:31
These are the rules for the LoL 1on1 Regional Summer Cup Qualifier #1 Southeast Europe. We make every effort to ensure the rules are complete and up to date but this may not always be the case. You should also check the Info Page and News for additions, exceptions and modifications that may apply. The rules are a guideline and the decisions by admins may differ from them depending on the circumstances. If you have any questions about the rules, please write a support ticket.
- 1. General
- 1.1. Player
- 1.2. Game Account / Summoner Name
- 1.3. Sponsors / Partnerships
- 1.4. Rank Specific Cups
- 2. Settings
- 2.1. Server
- 2.2. The Tournament code
- 2.3. Exception / No Tournament code
- 3. Match rules
- 3.1. Play Modes
- 3.2. Premium / Trusted
- 3.3. Failure to appear/Noshow
- 3.4. Game Preparations
- 3.4.1. Technical issues
- 3.4.2. Communication
- 3.4.3. Match setting
- 3.4.4. Players
- 3.4.5. Game host
- 3.4.6. Champion Bans
- 3.4.7. Champion Picks
- 3.4.8. Placeholders
- 3.5. Lineup
- 3.6. Ringer / Faker
- 4. Spectators
- 5. In Game Rules
- 5.1. Insults / Harassment
- 5.2. Pausing Match
- 5.2.1. Pause time rules
- 5.3. Regame rules
- 5.4. Player Swap
- 5.5. Abortion of match
- 6. Illegal actions
- 6.1. Deception
- 6.2. Faking Country
- 6.3. Faking Nationality
- 6.4. Fake Result
- 6.5. Fake Match Media
- 6.6. Fake Match
- 6.7. Cheating / 3rd party usage
- 7. Penalty points
A player needs to have a legit registered ESL account, and may not have more than one ESL account on our site. The player can only play for one team in a tournament, and has to join the team before the tournament starts. The player can only be allowed to play if there are no active barrages on the ESL account, and the player meets the tournament requirements.
1.2. Game Account / Summoner Name
All ESL League of Legends players are responsible to make sure their current Summoner Name for the respective server, is registered correctly on their ESL account. If the Game Account appears to be missing on the player’s profile, it leads into punishment as according to the Penalty Points table, however the team is not disqualified and can continue to use the same player if the Game Account is added immediately after it’s been known to be missing. If the case concerns a wrong or outdated Game Account. The ESL admins hold the right to delay the cup until the player has fully updated the Game Account. A simple mismatch does not result in disqualification, but the player and team can’t continue before it’s updated. ESL admins will however take further actions if the case is of Gameaccount sharing or fake account suspicion.
1.3. Sponsors / Partnerships
The ESL administration reserves the right to prohibit or remove teams with sponsors or partners that are solely or widely known for pornographic, drug use or other adult/mature themes and products from partaking in ESL Play events at any time.
1.4. Rank Specific Cups
For cups that specify a rank for entry, e.g. "The Summer Bronze & Silver Open", the following apply:
- The term "rank" relates to a players solo queue rank.
- Team rank does not qualify you for entry.
- A team can sign up to said competitions even if the team roster on ESL has invalid members.
- The use of invalid team members is forbidden.
- The use of invalid team members can result in disqualification, and punishment according to the penalty points table.
1.4.2. If You Suspect Your Opponents Are Using Invalid Participants
If you suspect that the opposing team is using invalid participants, please create a match protest. Once the protest has been created, please provide all available evidence, the failure to provide any evidence may lead to a protest failure.
All matches have to be played in the League of Legends client, on the server the respective cup was organized for.
2.2. The Tournament code
The Tournament Code has been created by ESL in cooperation with Riot Games. It automates ESL tournaments by creating a match lobby with the the right settings for a tournament match and reports the match statistics to the ESL servers. The Tournament Code is mandatory in all European Cups, Leagues and Tournaments, if it's provided.
2.3. Exception / No Tournament code
In case there is no provided tournament code for the cup, both teams can host a custom game with play mode: Blind pick + 4 bans (2 per player in lobby)
Are only mandatory when the match is played by hosting a custom game with Blind pick + 4 bans. A screenshot of the scoreboard at the end of each match must be taken and uploaded to the match page. The screenshot must contain clear evidence of which team won the match. Manipulating of a screenshot can lead into punishments, if the content is (1) Hiding champions, items or statistics. (2) Showing wrong result & scores. Punishments will be given out according to rulesets Penalty Points section.
2.3.2. Missing Screenshots
Matches played with the mandatory Tournament Code do not need any screenshots. If a match has been played without the Tournament Code, A screenshot of the match result must be uploaded after a match. A missing screenshot can lead to a penalty points for each team/player and the match result decided by the admin team. Punishment is as following: (1) Warning, (2) 1 penalty point for each team / player An incomplete screenshot can lead to 1 penalty point or a warning for each team/player.
3. Match rules
3.1. Play Modes
The matches are played with the game mode as written on the tournament’s info page. The tournament will be either best of one or best of three, and contain a pick & ban phase.
3.1.1. Best of One
Winner of the match is decided after one single game, in which the highest seeded team decides if they want the first ban & pick in the match or not.
3.1.2. Best of Three
Winner of the match is decided after winning 2 matches in a series of maximum 3. The highest seeded team decides if they want first ban & pick in the match or not. In case of a score of 1:1, the deciding team for match 3, will be the one that has the fastest winning time in the previous matches.
3.2. Premium / Trusted
In tournaments or leagues it can be required for a player to have Premium Membership or a Trusted playercard. For these tournaments only those players with this status are eligible to play. In these cases honorable or inactive members are not eligible to play.
3.3. Failure to appear/Noshow
Each team or player has 15 minutes to show up to a match. (Match date +15 minutes). If only a few members are missing, an ESL Admin may decide to grant a team a few more minutes.
- In a Tournament or the A- / ESL Series match, the failure to appear / no show leads to a default loss of the match.
- In a ladder match, the match will be deleted and the player / team will get penalty points for a no show.
Please always enter that your opponent did not show up in the result sheet and upload a screenshot of your lobby, created with the tournament code of the match. Please also take care, that an official clock is visible on the screenshot. When choosing this option, the remaining result panels should be left blank.
3.4. Game Preparations
3.4.1. Technical issues
Please resolve any problems that might occur before a match starts. Connection or Hardware Problems during a match could lead into a disqualification by ESL admins.
Agreements between the teams/players have to be posted as match comments In case of chat lobby agreements, always take a screenshot.
3.4.3. Match setting
In case the match isn’t played with the obligatory tournament code, make sure the match is played with the right settings, herunder Blind pick + 4 bans and map according to the cup infopage.
Make sure all players are eligible to play. In team games, all players must be registered in their corresponding team. Usage of player not belonging to the team, can result in disqualification.
3.4.5. Game host
Please always use the provided Tournament Code to create a match. In case of no code, both teams can host the match, but please notify an admin of the case before hosting. The highest seed decides which side they want.
3.4.6. Champion Bans
Some tournaments and leagues have champion bans, please check the league info of the specific ladder or cup. It's strictly forbidden to play with a banned champion. Using a banned champion can result in direct disqualification.
3.4.7. Champion Picks
Each team picks the champions before the match starts, please check the league info of the specific ladder or cup. It's strictly forbidden to use a different champions as told during picks.
Each team is allowed 2 Placeholders during a tournament In case you need to use a placeholder, you are forced to tell your opponent on ESL chat, LoL client chat before the champion is locked in. Placeholders are used in case a player doesn't own a champion his team intends to pick in a game, the player can pick a random uncommon champ to replace that champion. Always explain clearly that the picked champ is a placeholder for another champ (has to be named). When the opponents are informed you can lock in that champion and continue the pick phase. When finished picking all champs you leave champ select and remake the lobby. Afterwards restart champ select but each player picks now the correct champion.
For every match it is required to enter a legit lineup, as they will all be visible on the match page during the game. Please always check whether any of the players have an outdated Summoner Name, and tell him to update it as soon as possible.
3.5.1. Player Change
- To change a player after the start of bans and picks is only allowed if both teams agree to it.
- In a best of three match, it is allowed to change the lineup between the rounds.
3.5.2. Number of players
- Matches should be played as example in 5on5 with 5 players, if a side is missing a player the match can be played 4on5 or 4on4, but only if both teams agree to it
3.6. Ringer / Faker
It is not allowed to have another person play from your account during an ESL match. In case of suspicion leading to proof of it, player and team will be punished according to the Penalty Points section, under the ruling Ringer / Faker. Punishment includes direct disqualification, and if match ended the win will be granted to the opponent Player / Team.
Spectators in the Lobby are allowed if both teams agree. Exception to this rule are the ESL tournament admins and people that are explicitly allowed to spectate by a tournament admin (e.g. shout casters or streamers). It can't be refused to invite an official ESL caster ( e.g. ESL TV ), if an ESL tournament admin asks you for an invite.
Teams should only allow spectators in a Lobby they trust. It is not allowed to protest after a match is played to complain about spectators that were allowed in the game.
- Casting an ESL match is only allowed with an ESL admin agreement. To get an agreement please write a Support ticket.
- ESL matches that are being casted by an official ESL caster, can never be casted by other parties.
4.2. Personal streaming
- Personal Streaming is not allowed without admin agreement if an official ESL caster is casting the match.
- If the match isn’t being cast by ESL, a player has the right to stream it, but always with 3 minute delay added to the settings.
- Coaches are allowed during champion select, but only with agreement from the opponent team.
- During the game the coaches and any other person outside of the game, is not allowed to guide or give out information about the game. Violations against this will lead into direct disqualification.
5. In Game Rules
5.1. Insults / Harassment
The players are obligated to maintain a professional behavior when playing a ESL match. In cases of insults and harassment of the opponent team, a support ticket can be send in order to punish the offender.
- Support ticket has to contain a clear screenshot of the insult and the offender’s ESL account or In game gameaccount
- A matchlink for where it happened is a must in the ticket, to provide enough information to the Insult Squad, for them to build the case.
5.2. Pausing Match
In ESL matches played with the Tournament Draft Mode, it is forbidden to use the pause without an obvious reason, such as connection issues or player disconnects.
- Each team is granted a total of 10 minutes pause time during the match.
- Admins hold the right to request teams to pause during the match in case of any other issues, and the time used to pause the match will not count for the team it was requested to.
5.2.1. Pause time rules
- Admin needs to be contacted after usage of 5 minutes pause time.
- In case of needing a longer time period, the team is obligated to contact an ESL admin to agree upon it. The opponent team can also give out the agreement before contacting an admin, but any complaints further on will not be taken into account when the team has given an agreement to prolong the pause time.
- Abusing the pause time can lead into punishment or direct team disqualification. Screenshots to prove of the abuse all have to be uploaded into the match page.
5.3. Regame rules
Teams can agree to regame, if fairplay can’t be achieved by continuing the match. A regame can also be suggested in case of an unbalanced match or to solve heavy technical issues.
- A regame match has to be played with same picks, bans and summoner spells. Team to request of a regame has to take a screenshot of the champions & summoner spells.
5.4. Player Swap
- Is active if the game hasn’t been played above 1 minute mark on the in game timer.
- The team holds the right to swap out the player in case of unsolvable technical issues, such as energy breakdowns, client bugs and connection issues.
- Screenshot of the issue has to be uploaded for the admin to see, if not regame will not be granted.
5.5. Abortion of match
- If a team destroyed the Nexus of its opponent or they surrendered, the match is over.
- Any complaints of cheating of any sort will not change the result, except for a case with a ringer!
- It is not allowed to abort the match when it’s in progress.
6. Illegal actions
Any player not following the rules of ESL, will be seen as conducting unsportsmanlike behavior, and will be punished according to our ruleset.
The attempt to deceive admins or other players with wrong or fake statements, information, media or data will not be tolerated, and will be punished according to the penalty points table.
6.2. Faking Country
A player’s country must be set to their country of residence. Deliberately faking the country of residence is punishable.
6.3. Faking Nationality
A player’s nationality must be set to their nationality that is proven by current passport. Deliberately faking nationality is punishable.
6.4. Fake Result
For every tournament Players and Teams shall not give wrong information regarding the match result, nor manually fill in a fake result. Faking the match result is punishable.
6.5. Fake Match Media
Players and Teams shall not upload fake match media, such as in game screenshots, lobby screenshots and other screenshots that can be used to fake an advantage towards the opponent team. Faking match media results in punishment according to Penalty section in this ruleset.
6.6. Fake Match
Players and Teams shall not create Fake Matches by using multi accounts or friends to lose on purpose. Every match is being checked, and in case of finding a fake match, the Player or Team will be punished. A Fake Match also includes starting up a game without opponent present in the game.
6.7. Cheating / 3rd party usage
All forms of cheating in ESL matches are forbidden and will be punished according to the Penalty Points section, the admin responsible holds the right to punish a player to full extent of the rules, if the cheating contains: Usage of unauthorized offenses, such as in game bugs Usage of scripts to provide an unsportsmanlike conducts (No Fairplay) Players that are found cheating outside of the ESL, can be facing a barrage from playing any tournament on the ESL site, depending on the case and the available evidence. The Admin responsible for the case, has the final decision.
7. Penalty points
In general a player is innocent unless proven guilty, but in case of clear violation against the ruleset provided, it will lead into punishment. A team can receive up to 6 penalty points per match, unless a single violation has a higher punishment, but a team will only receive punishment once per violation, regardless of the amount of players to violate the ruleset. There are different clearance periods depending on the amount of points:
- 1-2 penalty points: 2 months
- 3-6 penalty points: 3 months
- 7 penalty points: 6 months
- 12 penalty points: 2 years
In addition to penalty points, players and teams will be barraged when obtained a certain amount of penalty points has been obtained by stacking up:
- After obtaining 4 penalty points: 1 week barrage
- After obtaining 8 penalty points: 2 weeks barrage
- After obtaining 10 penalty points: 1 month barrage
|Rule violation||Amount of Penalty Points|
|Unregistered player||Player: 3 | Team: 3|
|Inactive Barrage||Player: 3 | Team: 3|
|Barraged Player||Player: 6 | Team: 6|
|Missing Game Account||Player: 2 | Team: 2|
|Game Account Sharing||Player: 2-4 | Team: 2-4|
|Multiple / Fake Account||(1) Warning | (2) Player: 1-3|
|Manipulation of Media||Player: 3 | Team: 3|
|Missing Premium||Player: 3 | Team: 3|
|Missing Trusted||Player: 3 | Team: 3|
|Failure to appear / No show||Player: 3 | Team: 3|
|Ringer / Faker||Player: 6 | Team: 6|
|Personal Streaming without delay||(1) Warning | (2) Player: 1-3|
|Coaching / Outside information||(1) Warning | (2) Player: 1-3|
|In Game Rules|
|Insults / Harassment||Punishment IGL Squad|
|Pause Abuse||(1) Warning | (2) Player: 1-3|
|Abort Match||Player: 4 | Team: 4|
|Deception||Player: 2-4 | Team: 2-4|
|Faking Country / Nationality||(1) Warning | (2) Player: 1-3|
|Fake Result||Player: 4 | Team: 4|
|Fake Match Media||Player: 6 | Team: 6|
|Fake Match||Player: 6 | Team: 6|
|Cheating (3rd party)||Player: 12 | Team: 6|
All content appearing in this document is the property of Turtle Entertainment GmbH
or is being used with the owner's permission. Unauthorized distribution, duplication,
alteration or other use of the material contained in this document, including without
limitation any trademark image, drawing, text, likeness or photograph, may constitute a
violation of the laws of copyright and trademark and may be prosecuted under criminal
and/or civil law.
No part of the content of this document may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system, except for personal use, without the written permissions of Turtle Entertainment GmbH.
All content in this document is accurate to the best of our knowledge. Turtle Entertainment GmbH assumes no liability for any error or omission. We reserve the right to change content and files on our website at any time without prior notice or notification.