Gamestop Hometown Heroes: Miami - Injustice 2 (PS4) 1on1 Week 8
Last change: 12.10.2018 15:20
These are the rules for the Gamestop Hometown Heroes: Miami - Injustice 2 (PS4) 1on1 Week 8. We make every effort to ensure the rules are complete and up to date but this may not always be the case. You should also check the Info Page and News for additions, exceptions and modifications that may apply. The rules are a guideline and the decisions by admins may differ from them depending on the circumstances. If you have any questions about the rules, please write a support ticket.
- 1. Player Eligibility
- 2. Admins and Referees
- 3. Ranking Points
- 4. Season Structure
- 5. Tournament and Match Format and Seeding
- 6. Qualification into the Regional Finals
- 7. Regional Finals Seeding
- 8. Player Collusion
- 9. Cup and Match Process
- 10. Stage Rotation
- 11. Game Modes
- 12. Game Settings
- 13. Communication
- 14. Disconnects
- 15. Ties
- 16. Delays and Forfeits
- 17. Match Reporting
- 18. Match Disputes
- 19. Match Media
- 20. Streaming and Recording
- 21. Notes
This document outlines the official ruleset for the GameStop Hometown Heroes: Injustice 2 season. In addition, the global ESL rule set regarding player conduct and other topics does apply.
1. Player Eligibility
In order to participate in the GameStop Hometown Heroes: Injustice 2, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a registered player on the ESL website.
- You must have your own active Playstation Network account in good standing and add it to your profile(Gameaccount: PSN Online ID) for North America and Europe tournaments.
- Account sharing (Playstation Network) is strictly forbidden and will result in a disqualification.
- You must be a legal resident of the United States or Canada. (NA Region Only)
- You must be at least 13 years of age.
- If you do not meet these requirements, you will be deemed ineligible. ESL may request a copy of personal identification to verify that these requirements are met.
- The top 16 players from Combo Breaker 2017 may not participate in GameStop Hometown Heroes for the month of June. The top 16 players from CEO 2017 may not participate in GameStop Hometown Heroes for the month of July. Anyone found doing so will be penalized.
2. Admins and Referees
- All participants in the GameStop Hometown Heroes: Injustice 2 cups must adhere to the decisions and rules of the tournament league operations, admins, and referees. All decisions are final, except in cases where the option to appeal is clearly stated.
- Conversations, either verbal or written, between tournament operators, admins, or referees, and GameStop Hometown Heroes: Injustice 2 participants are confidential. Publicly posting or sharing these conversations with outside parties is strictly forbidden, unless permission is obtained.
3. Ranking Points
All GameStop Hometown Heroes: Injustice 2 ranking points (also known simply as “points”) are associated with individual players. All points earned through GameStop Hometown Heroes: Injustice 2 competitions are attributed to the player.
Players who do not compete under their officially registered names and PSN’s risk not being awarded the points from the respective tournament.
There are different point values awarded for different placings depending on the tier of the event. Please refer to the tables below.
|Cup Placing||Points Awarded|
|5th - 8th||25|
|9th - 16th||15|
|17th - 32nd||10|
|32nd - 64th||5|
4. Season Structure
GameStop Hometown Heroes: Injustice 2 will consist of ten weeks of regular season competition and the 8 Regional Finals events occurring at the respective GameStop locations. All dates and events are subject to change.All participants that qualify for the Regional Finals will be responsible for all travel and accommodations required to get to their respective GameStop location.
The official GameStop Hometown Heroes: Injustice 2 schedule is outlined below:
|Week||Sunday Qualifier||Wednesday Top 8 Live Broadcast|
|Week 1||June 4, 2017||June 7, 2017 - New York|
|Week 2||June 11, 2017||June 14, 2017 - Los Angeles|
|Week 3||June 18, 2017||June 21, 2017 - Dallas|
|Week 4||June 25, 2017||June 28, 2017 - San Francisco|
|Week 5||July 2, 2017||July 5, 2017 - Atlanta|
|Week 6||July 9, 2017||July 12, 2017 - Seattle|
|Week 7||July 16, 2017||July 19, 2017 - Chicago|
|Week 8||July 23, 2017||July 26, 2017 - Miami|
|Week 9||July 30, 2017||August 2, 2017 - Los Angeles|
|Week 10||August 6, 2017||August 9, 2017 - Fan Choice|
5. Tournament and Match Format and Seeding
- GameStop Hometown Heroes: Injustice 2 follows a double elimination Best of Five games format.
- The first week of the season will have randomized seeding across all 8 regions. Seeding subject to change.
- Each region will play the entirety of their tournament on Sunday with the exception of the region selected to be broadcasted live on Wednesday that week.
- Tournament play will end at Winners Semis and LB RO 4a (Lower Bracket Round of 4a) and will not be played on Sundays. The remainder of the tournament will be broadcasted by ESL on the following Wednesday starting at 5pm PDT.
- Each region will be broadcasted for one week during the first 8 weeks of the season. The remaining 2 weeks will broadcast 2 regions that have already been broadcasted before.
6. Qualification into the Regional Finals
- GameStop Hometown Heroes Regional Finals: The Top 4 point earners from each of the 8 US regions will move on to the Regional Finals event at the 8 respective GameStop locations.
7. Regional Finals Seeding
- Top Top 4 point earners of each region will be placed into a bracket at the GameStop location they represent. They will compete in a 4 person double elimination bracket that will be part of a live broadcast event on Saturday August 12, 2017 hosted at their GameStop location.
- As stated previously, participants will be responsible for all travel and accommodations necessary to play in the Regional Finals.
- If players end up in a tie in points, they will be placed based on their highest tournament placing among the regular season tournaments. If that placing is also a tie, we will continue to look at next highest placings until one player placed higher than the other. If a tie still occurs, we will go by least amount of losses. Finally, if there is still a tie, the players will play for the higher seed.
8. Player Collusion
- Players are expected to put in their best effort to win each League game.
- If a player is found to not put in their best effort (ie sandbag) to better their own or others overall standings then a punishment will be served by the ESL Admin team.
- Punishments for collusion may be but are not restricted to the following:
- Loss of League points
- Loss of Prizing
- Banishment from the remainder of the Season and Finals.
- Banishment from future ESL tournaments.
9. Cup and Match Process
The cup and match process for the GameStop Hometown Heroes: Injustice 2 is as follows:
- 1. Sign yourself up for the respective cup through your PS4 by going to the Events section on your PS4 dashboard, selecting tournaments and locating the tournament of your choice.
- 2. Find the tournament you plan to participate in and click “Register”. Players must keep in mind they will need to be able to physically get to this location for the Regional Finals if they qualify.
- 3.If you do not have an ESL account, follow the steps to register for a free account, please be sure to set your date of birth. Link your ESL Account to your Playstation Network Account. Players must use the same Playstation Network Account for any official ESL cup, event, or tournament for the duration of the season.
- 4. When “check-in” opens for the cup, check in. Check-in occurs the half hour before the tournament begins. You must check-in within that hour to participate in the tournament.
- 5. Wait for the tournament bracket to update online, then check your open matches.
- 6. When you have a match ready you will have a notification pop up letting you know your match is ready and you will be loaded into the game.
- 7. Before the match, always ensure that the opposing player’s PSN in the lobby match their PSN ID’s (not ESL account names) on their ESL account. If the PSN ID’s do not match, please contact an admin. Reports of this nature made after the game will be invalid.
- 9 Verify all match settings are according to the rules. The player not hosting must verify that the settings are in accordance with the rules. If the host does not set up the correct settings, the game should be ended and restarted with the correct ones. If problems with settings persist, an admin should be notified before further games are played.
- 10. After the match has ended, both players must report the score through their open match section. If your opponent entered the result first, please confirm it within 10 minutes. The admins will close matches after this time frame if the opponent does not. If your opponent entered an incorrect result, please open a protest ticket including valid proof. See 2.11 Match Disputes.
- 11. Wait for your next opponent and repeat the procedure. Do not start your next match until it is assigned for you. Advancing yourself through the bracket before a match is assigned may result in a disqualification.
10. Stage Rotation
- Players must both choose the random select button for their stage.
11. Game Modes
- Before a game begins, verify that all of the settings are correct. If a game is hosted with incorrect settings, it will need to be ended and restarted with correct ones. If games settings are incorrect but both players do not end the match by the first round the game counts toward the series.
12. Game Settings
- Double Elimination
- Best of Five
- Grand finals - Best of 5 (WB Finals victor has the advantage of a replay should they lose the initial Grand Final set)
- Competitive Mode: Enabled
- Round timer: 240 seconds
- Stage: Each player must choose random select
- Stage Interactables: On
- Players may use the hidden cursor (Blind Pick) for the first game. Winner of each game keeps their character for the subsequent game within the match. Loser has the option to change their character.
- There is no restriction on the method of communication between players during a match. Players may use in-game chat or an external application such as Skype or Discord.
- In the event of a common “ Game Session has ended” disconnect, both players will restart the best of 5 game.
- In the event of a player disconnect that player will forfeit the entire game, not just a round. It will be the responsibility of the player that got disconnected to connect his opponent within 5 minutes. (See 2.9. Delays and Forfeits)
- Since games cannot end in ties, when the 90 seconds runs out, whoever has the most remaining health will win the round. If both players enter a match extension they are to play out the extension.
- In the event of a Tie between Season Points players will face off Best of 5 Games, first to 3 to determine winner.
16. Delays and Forfeits
- For the first round, Players must be online and ready to play at the designated match start time. “Ready to play” means that all players must be present and ready to begin the game within 10 minutes after the official match start time.
- For each following round the same rules apply once there are two players set in that part of the bracket. The match times listed on the site are merely an approximation.
- If a player is not fully ready to play and the 10 minutes has passed, the player will forfeit the game. If the player is still not ready to play within an additional 5 minutes, they will also forfeit the second game and the match (in a Best of Three). In a Best of Five series, allow an additional five minutes for the 3rd and final game to be forfeited.
- If a player is unable to join a lobby due to technical difficulties with the game, please notify the opposing player immediately and inform them that you are attempting to connect. If problems arise, please notify the admin team via support ticket.
- If a player makes it to the round of 8, the player agrees to communicate they will compete in the round of 8 by 5pm Tuesday PDT, for their Wednesday match at 5pm PDT. In case of an emergency and the player can not make the Wednesday match and they inform an ESL admin by 2pm on Wednesday, their opponent receives a bye. If the player does not communicate to an ESL admin via Skype, Discord, or email by 2pm PDT Wednesday and they do not participate in the round of 8 on Wednesday then they will be banned from participating in the following week tournament. They may sign up the week after. The round of 8 will be the LIVE broadcast.
17. Match Reporting
- Results must be reported by both players within 10 minutes after the match. This can be done through the website by the players. If one player does not confirm the result within ten minutes, it will be manually closed by an admin. If a player reports the wrong result, please open a protest ticket including valid proof so that the admin team can correct it.
18. Match Disputes
- If a match was incorrectly reported by your opponent, you have 30 minutes to protest (under play.eslgaming.com/protest/add) the report. Match protests must include media evidence clearly showing the results of the match.
- Players are responsible for providing proof of match results in case of disputes. This can be done with screenshots of each victory or video replays uploaded to website such as Youtube or Twitch.
19. Match Media
- The following match media are acceptable forms of proof during match reporting and protests:
- Twitch livestream VODs (with clear naming of the players, selected fighters, date, tournament round)
- Screenshots (or photographs) showing both players and the result/issue
20. Streaming and Recording
- Live streaming or recording of official Gamestop Hometown Heroes: Injustice 2 matches is allowed and there is no restriction on the personal use of self-recorded match videos. Under certain circumstances, such as events which are live streamed on the official Twitch.tv/Netherrealm channel, players must obtain written permission for use of the material.
- Players are not to stream their official matches during the Live broadcasts (Wednesday) on any streaming platform. This rule is subject to change.
- Please keep in mind that streaming without a delay may allow your opponents to gain an advantage. Watching a live stream of your opponent is bad sportsmanship, but it is not cheating, so disputes of this nature will be disregarded.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
Competitors invited to compete in the GameStop Hometown Heroes tournament received accommodation and travel consideration from ESL
All content appearing in this document is the property of Turtle Entertainment GmbH
or is being used with the owner's permission. Unauthorized distribution, duplication,
alteration or other use of the material contained in this document, including without
limitation any trademark image, drawing, text, likeness or photograph, may constitute a
violation of the laws of copyright and trademark and may be prosecuted under criminal
and/or civil law.
No part of the content of this document may be reproduced in any form or by any means or stored in a database or retrieval system, except for personal use, without the written permissions of Turtle Entertainment GmbH.
All content in this document is accurate to the best of our knowledge. Turtle Entertainment GmbH assumes no liability for any error or omission. We reserve the right to change content and files on our website at any time without prior notice or notification.