- Schedule: Tournament will be played to completion on the competition date.
- Patch: Europe Server Live Patch
- Tournament Format: 5 Round Swiss
- Deck Legality: Only Standard legal decks are allowed.
- Match Format: 4 Hero 1 Ban Conquest Standard
- 1st Ban & Pick: Higher seed picks first / bans last
- Pause: The maximum break between matches is 5 min
- BattleTag™: Each player is responsible for the proper entry of game account
- Screenshots: A screenshot of the Challenge screen showing only 1 deck per declared class may be requested by any player. Be sure to name your decks appropriately to avoid any potential issues.
- Once all swiss rounds are finished, the top eight players will be determined based on their records.
- If any records are the same, placement will be decided by tiebreaker points. (Tiebreaker points are based off of how many wins your opponents' have throughout the tournament).
- If records AND tiebreaker points of multiple players are the same, and it affects who moves to Top 8, tiebreaker matches will have to be played.
- When the predetermined 5 rounds of play have been completed, should a top eight be unable to be determined via Match Records, Head-to-Head records or Tiebreaker Points tiebreaker matches between the tied players will be played.
- Only ties that straddle the line between making the Top 8 and not qualifying will be broken with additional matches. Game difference will be used to break all other ties.
- Each player can only have 4 decks, each one of a unique class, showing in the challenge screen. Anything else is unacceptable and is punishable by game loss.
- Players must use the same 4 decks, 1 deck per class, throughout the entire tournament. They may change their decks should they qualify for the Top 8.
- Before each match starts, both players choose their 4 different heroes one by one then bans one of their opponent's heroes from match play following the example below. Hero declarations and bans should be communicated using either the ESL Play matchchat function or Battle.Net chat.
- Player A: Warlock
- Player B: Druid
- Player A: Priest
- Player B: Hunter
- Player A: Hunter
- Player B: Rogue
- Player A: Druid
- Player B: Warrior
- Player B: Ban Warlock
- Player A: Ban Warrior
Players must use the same 4 decks, 1 deck per class, throughout the entire tournament.
- Seeding will be randomized
- Player must win one game with each of their three decks to win the match. When a player wins a game, the deck used by the winning player cannot be used for the remainder of the match.
- The losing player may keep the same deck or switch to a different one.
- Both players are obliged to do a screenshot in challenge mode, this is for the purpose of being able to show you only have 1 deck of each of your declared classes.
- Players who choose an illegal hero (banned or class that has won) loses one game.
- Both players are obliged to confirm the correct result of the game at the end of the match and attach screenshots confirming the result. If after ten minutes a submitted score has been neither confirmed or disputed, the match will be closed with the score submitted.
- For further queries please see the Red Bull 5G Tournament Rulebook here.
Online Qualifier Prizing
1st Place earns their spot into the Qualifier Final after all qualifiers have concluded.
Prizing in Future Stages
Qualifier Final - 1st and 2nd Place earns their spot into the Regional Finals.
Regional Final - 1st Place earns their spot into the National Final.
National Final - Overall winner receives an all expenses paid trip to Japan. More details can be found here
Is this your first time? Here are the important steps:
- Follow the instructions on the right to sign up and check in
- If check in is enabled, make sure to check in on time
- Wait for your first match to show up on the right
- Get in contact with your opponent and play the match
- Enter the result and ask your opponent to confirm
- Wait for your next match
Still need help? During the cup, use chat if it is available, otherwise please contact support.Match related issues must be handled via match protest.