Dota 2 Player Guide
How to sign-up to the tournament
- (Register or) Login in your ESL Account using the tournament widget.
- Register your Dota 2 Steam ID by clicking register on the tournament widget.
- You can find your steam ID here.
- Copy and past it in the requested box, and hit confirm.
- Select the team you want to sign-up with.
- Click Team status to check if you are ready to sign-up.
- At the top of the the Team status window you can find what requirements are missing
- Invite your team members by sharing the invite link found below
- Once your team requirements are fulfilled and you see the Team ready checkmark, you are ready to sign-up
Fulfilling the requirements and checking-in
- Signing-up is only the first step into participating the cup
- Check-in phase will start 1 hour prior to the tournament start
- You need to check-in in order to play in the tournament
- In order to check-in, you need to make sure that your team fulfills all the requirements such as Steam ID, Country, etc.
- You can check your Team status at any time in the tournament widget
- Once the check-in opens, click Check-in to confirm your participation
- You are now ready to play in the tournament! Once the tournament date and hour is reached, a match will be generated
Playing a match
- Once the check-in is done, you will see a countdown until the start of the tournament
- Once the countdown is over you will see who your opponent is (tournament creation might take a few minutes after the countdown is over)
- Once you see who your opponent is, click in his name to access the match page.
- Note that it is possible that your team gets a default win in the first round, and has no match for the first hour. You can see the bracket of the tournament here. You will also be able to see a defwin in your tournament results here.
- The vote is a replication of the ingame coin toss system. 1 team will be randomly picked as the team with priority, and choose from all available options. The priority then rotates in the round (if the match is not Best of 1)
- In case you do not get an invite or you reject it, you can manually join the lobby with the details shared in the lobby
- In case a player joins the wrong team, he will be moved back to the unassigned players and be notified of where he needs to join
- You can only start playing the match when the match date is reached
- If a player that does not belong to one of the teams tries to join the lobby, he will be automatically kicked from the lobby
- Make sure that all your team members have their steam ID updated (seen in the league widget), otherwise they will be unable to join the lobby. It is also possible to have an overview of your players steam ID's by accessing the members tab of your team page.
- You are unable to manually submit the result of the match. If a team does not show up, please open a protest ticket to get support from the admin team.
- If you are experiencing any problems with your match or lobby, please create a protest ticket
- Keep a look at your email. Important information for players may be sent during the tournament