What is the ESL Open League?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Check-In: Please remember to check in into the ESL Open League so we know that you still want to play. Check-In starts at Friday, 12 Jan 2018 12:00 CET.
- Late Sign-Up: Missed the signup but still want to participate? Late Sign-Up starts at Saturday, 13 Jan 2018 12:00 CET.
- Sign-Up End: We will close signup at Monday, 15 Jan 2018 12:00 CET to prepare the league and seed all teams. After that, it's not possible to join the Winter Season of ESL Open League anymore.
- Start Date: The ESL Open League starts at Tuesday, 16 Jan 2018. From then on you have one week to schedule your first match. The first default matchdate will be Tuesday, 23 Jan 2018 20:00 CET.
- Groupstage - Matchday #1: 23 Jan 2018 20:00 CET
- Groupstage - Matchday #2: 30 Jan 2018 20:00 CET
- Groupstage - Matchday #3: 6 Feb 2018 20:00 CET
- Groupstage - Matchday #4: 13 Feb 2018 20:00 CET
- Groupstage - Matchday #5: 20 Feb 2018 20:00 CET
- Playoffs - Round of 256: 6 Mar 2018 20:00 CET
- Playoffs - Round of 128: 13 Mar 2018 20:00 CET
- Playoffs - Round of 64: 20 Mar 2018 20:00 CET
- Playoffs - Round of 32: 27 Mar 2018 20:00 CEST
- Playoffs - Round of 16: 3 Apr 2018 20:00 CEST
- Playoffs - Quarter Finals: 10 Apr 2018 20:00 CEST
- Playoffs - Semi Finals: 17 Apr 2018 20:00 CEST
- Playoffs - Grand Finals: 24 Apr 2018 20:00 CEST
All participants will be split up into groups of 6, so we will have 5 matchdays for the complete season and playoffs after that. We try to seed the groups country-wise, so communication with your opponent is easier. The best 4 teams of each group advance to the playoffs.
Ranking is determined by points, score difference and if necessary direct comparison.
There will be one match per week. We are fine, if you and your opponent find a date on your own, where it fits best. However, we will have a default matchday, where the match has to be played at last. This will be a Tuesday evening.
ESL Anticheat is required for all matches in the ESL Open League. ESL Anticheat supports Windows 7, 8.1 & 10 in 32 and 64 bit. If you are using Windows 8, you can upgrade to 8.1 for free.
Playing without ESL Anticheat will result in a default loss.
ESL provides 128 tick high quality servers to play on. It's allowed to play on another server if one party wishes to do so (e.g. due to ping problems). If you do not want to play on the ESL server, you need to have your own server. If both players/teams should have a 128 tick server available, the match is going to be split over two servers. The server of the player/team which is on the left side in the match sheet will be used for the first half of the match. The other server for the second half of the match.
Please remember to record your POV demo for each map.
If you have any questions about ESL Open League, don't hesitate to ask us and open a support ticket.
|1.|| Clan equipment worth up to 500 EUR
Slot for Major League
Open League Award
|2.-16.||Slot for Major League|
|Summer 2017||Rankings||Bracket||Dream.gg eSports|
|Spring 2017||Rankings||Bracket||Giants Gaming|
|Winter 2016||Rankings||Bracket||Team NeXtGen|
|Summer 2016||Rankings||Bracket||ATB Gaming|
|Winter 2014/15||Rankings||Bracket||Mon Calamari|