WIRE Anti-Cheat on Mac
 
Author Posting
Hi

I use mac osx snow leopard,and the download of the anti-cheat is set for windows,can anyone help me?
quote ] 
This league is windows only sorry. However, mac's have the ability to run windows in it! You must use bootcamp on your mac. http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM2495dmO0I
quote ] 
kenny wrote:
This league is windows only sorry. However, mac's have the ability to run windows in it! You must use bootcamp on your mac. http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM2495dmO0I


So much more hassel than needed.
quote ] 
I play only on linux, it is very very very unfair.
quote ] 
ridiculous...
quote ] 
I think people saying "get Windows" are not understanding why using Windows is a hassel. Aside from the blatantly obvious fact that the game is native for Mac and Linux, there are also ethical reasons why some people (namely Linux users) don't want to buy into Microsoft products such as Windows.
quote ] 
then don't play? It would be nice having osx/linux support, but in the meantime there are plenty of league where you can play with whatever os you want. And whining on the league forum won't help.
quote ] 
drizzt wrote:
I play only on linux, it is very very very unfair.

That's not a very good excuse, you can simply install wine with your favorite package manager and run ESL wire anticheat.
http://www.esl.eu/eu/wire/foru...5/15983/751294/?lastvisit=
quote ] 
NotYarou wrote:
That's not a very good excuse, you can simply install wine with your favorite package manager and run ESL wire anticheat.
http://www.esl.eu/eu/wire/foru...5/15983/751294/?lastvisit=



OMG!!!! Urban Terror don't need Wine for play, Urban Terror works fine natively in Linux.

Check this http://www.urbanterror.info/docs/texts/110/ ... and yes Urban Terror don't need wine for play in Linux!!!!!

And Wire works fine in Wine? Im not sure about that :/
quote ] 
ESL Wire does not work in WINE.
quote ] 
Kaldor wrote:
ESL Wire does not work in WINE.

I was able to install it in a VM with no issues, other than a quick problem with the VLAN component because there is no equivalent of netsh on *nix. 
I could not run it, however, because the program knew it was encapsulated within a virtual machine.
quote ] 
So

Linux or Mac user can not play unless they install Windows?
quote ] 
Hells wrote:
So

Linux or Mac user can not play unless they install Windows?


That is correct, although I'm not exactly sure how VM works for Linux as I'm a windows user myself, but it appears you can get it running that way as well.
quote ] 
probably would NOT want to run it on VM... as you would also be running urt on VM
fun times yo get dual booted
quote ] 
I like this Anti-Cheat Wire. Props to this league and bro for that.
Now you can't say I'll be hacking, because this works with my POS 2.81 System.
quote ] 
look this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irp4vBWKmHM
quote ] 
Any news on Wire with Mac yet?
quote ] 
windoofs sucks. I rather stick with linux than play ESL...*foop
quote ] 

Reply