Ghost Recon Online: Cup Series with €2,500 prize money!
In cooperation with Ubisoft we (ESL and NESL) are putting together the largest eSports event in the history of the PC multiplayer shooter Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Online. With 7 friends, form your elite Ghost squad and deploy cutting-edge weapons and technology to dominate your enemies on the battlefield. The winners will receive €200 on the weekly cups and €600 in the Continental Final.

About Ghost Recon Online

Ghost Recon Online delivers a premium PC shooter experience that you can download and enjoy for free.There’s not limitation to your progression in the game, as you can decide to enhance your character by purchasing game items with in-game points. You can also choose to use real currency to accelerate your progression.

As a Free-to-Play game, you will be able to download and take part in this Championship without paying a single cent. If you haven’t done it already, you can download the game here.

GRO Cup Series with €2,500 prize money

Starting on Sunday, September 15th, you can enter the 7-week series of intense matches. Jump in at any time with a new weekly cup, where you can win €200. Even if you miss the first, every victory counts towards your total.
At the end of the series the 8 teams, who earned the most points, will qualify for the Continental Final (US and EU).

Schedule for Europe
Cup #1 - Sunday, September 15th at 15:00 CEST
Cup #2 - Sunday, September 22nd at 15:00 CEST
Cup #3 - Sunday, September 29th at 15:00 CEST
Cup #4 - Sunday, October 06th at 15:00 CEST
Cup #5 - Sunday, October 13th at 15:00 CEST
Cup #6 - Sunday, October 20th at 15:00 CEST
Cup #7 - Sunday, October 27th at 15:00 CEST
Continental Final - Sunday, tba at 15:00 CEST

Cup #1 Europe coming up!

Room Settings

Game Modes: 6on6 Onslaught - Conquest - Holdout
Mode: Single Elimination
Settings: BO1 / BO3 (Teams pick)*
Sign up until: 15/09/2013 15:00 CEST
Cup starts: 15/09/2013 15:10 CEST
No-Show: 15 minutes
Maps: Chertanovo LZ, Markov Station, Tomsk-9, Korolyov Towers, Shearwater 51, Xinyi, Attica Heights, Balaclava
Items: All items, skills and customs are allowed **

Schedule

Round 1: 15/09/2013 15:10 CEST
Round 2: 15/09/2013 16:30 CEST
Round 3: 15/09/2013 18:00 CEST
Round 4: 15/09/2013 19:30 CEST
Round 5: 15/09/2013 21:00 CEST
Finals: 15/09/2013 22:30 CEST

Team Restrictions

Min. team members: 6
Max. team members: 20
Restriction: Residence in Europe


Sign up now!

* Best Of
The matches in the first rounds will be played as Best of One and in Conquest Mode. The maps will be fix in the rounds until the semi finals. Starting in the semi finals the matches will be played as Best of Three and you have to play 1 map on Onslaught mode and 1 map on Conquest mode. In case of a draw (1-1 situation), you have to play the third match in the Holdout Mode (Attica Heights or Balaklava Subpen).

** Items
Before the match start both team captains have to leave a report or a match comment in the ESL match page and declare any changes of allowed items, skills and customs.

Prize money and ranking point distribution

Place Sunday Cup Continental Final
1st Place 100 points + €200 €600
2nd Place 60 points €300
3rd Place 40 points €200
4th Place 25 points
5th-8th Place 10 points -
9th-16th Place 5 points -

Support and questions

Don't hesitate and feel free to leave feedback or questions via Support Ticket or Forum which will be also used during the cup.

Alone you fight, together you dominate
! Good luck and have fun everyone!
bLackhawk, Thursday, 05/09/13 12:07
  Links
Official GRO website
Sign Up for GRO Cup #1
US Cup Series

 
comments (20)
 
 
This doesn't make any sense, yet. Not, unless this issue has been fixed:

http://groforums.ubi.com/showthread.php?18771
Gruni wrote:
This doesn't make any sense, yet. Not, unless this issue has been fixed:

http://groforums.ubi.com/showthread.php?18771


Ubisoft is working on this, so let's wait and see. Still more than a week to go until the first cup.
Affentod wrote:
Gruni wrote:
This doesn't make any sense, yet. Not, unless this issue has been fixed:

http://groforums.ubi.com/showthread.php?18771


Ubisoft is working on this, so let's wait and see. Still more than a week to go until the first cup.


Ubisoft is working on this for over 16 months without any results. I highly doubt, that a patch within the next midweek-maintenance will fix this out of the sudden.
somebody want to rock this cup series? just write a pm, i'm ready for this!
Please read : http://www.esl.eu/eu/gro/forum/3149/31752/1133443/ we need more opinion about rules.

Affentod wrote:
Gruni wrote:
This doesn't make any sense, yet. Not, unless this issue has been fixed:

http://groforums.ubi.com/showthread.php?18771


Ubisoft is working on this, so let's wait and see. Still more than a week to go until the first cup.


If only there was that ... but there also cheat/hack because ubisoft doesn't have an efficient protection.
quote[Gruni]
[Ubisoft is working on this for over 16 months without any results. I highly doubt, that a patch within the next midweek-maintenance will fix this out of the sudden.]quote


1) What's the alternative? By your own prognosis, Ubi is unlikely to get to fixing this issue. By your logic, all tournaments of Counter-Strike pre-1.6 were lacking legitimacy because it wasn't the most honest version. Or for that matter, the flashbang exploit on de_nuke should have kept the major tournaments from using that map. Yet it was in the rotation for CPL's $1,000,000 World Tour in '05.
2) Your clan has participated in numerous events over the last 6 months, much less the last 16. So why should this exploit keep other teams from playing the same game you sought to benefit and profit from?
1 edits
The really problem won't be the FSB exploit, but the cheaters who will be attract by the cashprize.

Till GR:O won't be able to really bust cheaters as WIRE do, it will be HIGHLY dangerous to do competition as this one.

To WIRE's dev', will you add GR:O to your support list ?
I have to agree with you; it's not very responsible to hold an online event when hacks and exploits are so present in the game.

MrJohnWormold, your post is beside the point. First, if you knew what kinds of hacks and exploits are around in GRO, you would not compare them to well-known and identified glitches such as the ones you mention. The hacks/exploits we are talking about are (i) less predictable and (ii) impinge to a far greater degree upon the gameplay. Second, the worse exploit (FSB mentioned above) was actually reintroduced after some tweaks in the game engine. Check out GRO official forums for more on this.
2 edits
It's a big big mistake! With a bug/exploit of such severity, undetectable by any anti-cheat system, achievable just by overclocking your computer, this cup is a farce! Noone will be able to tell if every participating player is clean or not!

The ESL admins should postpone the cup until the issue is resovled!
1 edits
meric wrote:
It's a big big mistake! With a bug/exploit of such severity, undetectable by any anti-cheat system, achievable just by overclocking your computer, this cup is a farce! Noone will be able to tell if every participating player is clean or not!

The ESL admins should postpone the cup until the issue is resovled!


The FSB "exploit" won't be a real problem for this cup (and all other we've done), we play against them since the begin in matchmaking and we can win too ... And it's not really an "overclocking exploit" but a overload process who made the CPU run slower and detect as a "weak CPU" by GR:O. So when you kill the heavy load task, GR:O play with minimum spec' with a High perf' CPU (the Intel Speedstep technologie). A real overclocking (as I have on my computer), won't exploit the game.

I cleary don't think they need to postpone the cup, it's to all players to be fairplay. We are here to have fun in first, then win the competition. We already know the top5, but I will play because I want to look were I am in the Euro League ;)

Gl & HF
i cant sign up my team says sign up closed in the past WTF
Gh0osTAsSuLT wrote:
i cant sign up my team says sign up closed in the past WTF


Fixed, please try again
tiphergane wrote:
meric wrote:
It's a big big mistake! With a bug/exploit of such severity, undetectable by any anti-cheat system, achievable just by overclocking your computer, this cup is a farce! Noone will be able to tell if every participating player is clean or not!

The ESL admins should postpone the cup until the issue is resovled!


The FSB "exploit" won't be a real problem for this cup (and all other we've done), we play against them since the begin in matchmaking and we can win too ... And it's not really an "overclocking exploit" but a overload process who made the CPU run slower and detect as a "weak CPU" by GR:O. So when you kill the heavy load task, GR:O play with minimum spec' with a High perf' CPU (the Intel Speedstep technologie). A real overclocking (as I have on my computer), won't exploit the game.

I cleary don't think they need to postpone the cup, it's to all players to be fairplay. We are here to have fun in first, then win the competition. We already know the top5, but I will play because I want to look were I am in the Euro League ;)

Gl & HF


who are the top 5?
MrJohnWormold wrote:
quote[Gruni]
[Ubisoft is working on this for over 16 months without any results. I highly doubt, that a patch within the next midweek-maintenance will fix this out of the sudden.]quote


1) What's the alternative? By your own prognosis, Ubi is unlikely to get to fixing this issue. By your logic, all tournaments of Counter-Strike pre-1.6 were lacking legitimacy because it wasn't the most honest version. Or for that matter, the flashbang exploit on de_nuke should have kept the major tournaments from using that map. Yet it was in the rotation for CPL's $1,000,000 World Tour in '05.
2) Your clan has participated in numerous events over the last 6 months, much less the last 16. So why should this exploit keep other teams from playing the same game you sought to benefit and profit from?


1.) There is a difference between an exploit you can use only on purpose (flashbang exploit) or an exploit, that's so ridiculous and part of the engine, that this is happening to shitloads of players without them even knowing about it. Using it on purpose just makes it controllable for the ones who are willing to use it. So talking about fair chances for everyone is a farce.

2.) There is also a difference between participating in events for the fun of the game or for prize-money. We like the concept of this game, but we don't like the way Ubisofts priorities are set.

And if not even the ESL has an interest in creating a cup with at least having the possibility to look after fair gameplay, how can we all take this cup and the ESL seriously?

Long story short: The FSB exploit exists for ages. It's here and it's being used. But as long as it's possible, that players have these advantages without even knowing (due to adaptive overclocking kicking in after the game has been launched), there is no fair way to punish this. The only solution is a bugfix. And this cup is a joke, if you guys still don't want to think about how serious this issue is.

tiphergane: You are maybe talking about a different approach to achieve the same, but the issue I handed in is simply done by increasing the FSB frequency after the game has been started. That's it. And this can happen either the pure BIOS-way by having adaptive overclocking (or something similar) activated - or by using an overclocking tool and use it on purpose, after the game has been launched. Plain simple, absolutely ridiculous and it simply works. According to people on the forums who contacted me after my leak, it works on old, as well as new Intel CPUs, as well as lots of AMD CPUs. On i3-7-CPUs, you just have to play around with the multiplicator, same result.

(And yes, you guys can blame me again for giving a "howto" on this exploit, but come on, everyone with a two-digit-IQ can figure this out. It's plain easy and no matter what, it has to be fixed.)

So trying to play this issue down and keeping your eyes closed doesn't solve this. Sorry for me being the party-pooper here, but trying to advertise this game with prize-money and an ESL-cup is the point where I have to say: "Ubisoft, get your priorities straight!" And every single one of you should think the same, for the love of the game. Especially you, MrJohnWormold. "Sir".
1 edits
I guess no players from asia are allowed to play in this cup. correct?
realtoto wrote:
I guess no players from asia are allowed to play in this cup. correct?


Our current policy is that in the EU competitions we are accepting North-African, Middle-Eastern and Asian teams too, but if the whole team is red-pinging and teleporting they will be excluded.

Edit: So yes, Asian players can play in European teams, unless they are teleporting badly.
1 edits
As f3c4m4n said, we'll let them play unless ping issues, but remember, this is not a global rule.
We will see how the first cup went, afterwards we maybe fix some rules up.
when does teleporting start? we have to make a complained with video footage or what is the plan?
what is the problem with european only? it was a good rule!
1 edits
where is the sense of it when only the same 5 clans have a chance to win?
 
 
 
Information:
  • info write comment not allowed