EMS IX CSS: Qualification Round 1 & The Participants
The upcoming ninth season of the ESL Major Series will begin now with the first international qualification round. We can now inform you about most of the teams which succeed to qualify for this competition. Teams have qualified directly to the Groupstage or to one of the three Qualifying Rounds. Further details about the fixtures and schedule will be announced soon.
Qualified TeamsThe following teams are qualified for the different stages due to their result in the last EMS season or their national qualifiers:
There were a few last minute slot changes, the two 'tba' teams will be determined ASAP. All qualified team have to make a support to confirm their participation, with the link of the dedicated team account with the final lineup before friday 23:59.
-> Make a support <-
Qualification Round 1
Bullet.by vs accurseD
no.name vs Heidenauer-Bienenstock 2on2
sasaT vs Survivors BUL
CodeRed Gaming EMS vs LunaticTomatoes
aU.css vs -insecure
4nothing Pro Gaming vs Team SKillGates
eSuba.INTEL vs PODPASKI
Antwerp Aces EMS vs cufish!
overGame CSS vs MOOVERZ
aVerage CS:GO vs TBD
SUPERVILLAINS vs gAmEoVeR_00
Teams RequirementsAll ESL Major Series teams must comply to the following:
- Have a suitable team name
- Have a suitable team logo
- Have a dedicated team account that is not active in any other ESL leagues, ladders or cups unless EMS past seasons or qualifiers.
- Have no inactive/honorary members listed
Players RequirementsAll ESL Major Series players must comply to the following:
- Have their full name entered and made public
- Have a suitable photo uploaded
- Have their country set and made public
- Have their nationality set and made public
- Have their birth date entered and made public
- Have their necessary gameaccounts entered
Also no participant can play for more than one organization at the same time in any ESL Major Series, Intel Extreme Masters, ESL Pro Series, or ESL Amateur Series. Every participant in the EMS must be at least 16 years of age, unless a higher age is required as specifically stated in the rules for that game.
QR1, QR2 and QR3 - InformationTeams in Qualification Round 1 play a match against 1 other team in their round. The winners go through to Qualification Round 2 to play against a team from that round. The winners go through to Qualification Round 3 to play against a team from that round. Finally the winners are qualified for the ESL Major Series Groupstage.
A Qualification match is best of 3 map, first to 16 rounds. In the event of a tie, overtime will be MR5 with 10k startmoney for the first round of each half. The use of ESL Wire is compulsory!
To decide which maps are played in a ESL Major Series BO3 match, a veto system is used. Both teams alternatively remove or choose one map from the pool:
- the left team begins to eliminate the first map
- the right team eliminates second map
- the right team picks his map
- the left team picks his map
- the match starts with the last one
- the second map will be the one chosen by the looser
- the last one will be played then if necessary.
Qualifying Round 1: 3rd October - 9th October
Stay Up To DateYou can inform yourself anytime about what is happening on the EMS Mainpage. You can inform yourself about everything: News, Upcoming Matches, rankings. All of this on one page, so bookmark it today!
Good luck to all our participants and don't forget to idle in #esl.ems!
Your admin crew
dNN, Tuesday, 27/09/11 12:53
- info write comment not allowed