CS:GO rule changes *Update*
Today we would like to announce a few rule changes for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Those changes will affect all ESL CS:GO leagues and tournaments like Go4CS:GO or ESL CS:GO Open League, including all pro competitions like ESL One, Intel Extreme Masters or ESL Pro League. We make those changes after we discussed them with our partners, who will also change their rules to keep it unified, as well as based on feedback from the players union.

The following four changes will be made

Round and bomb timers
The round and bomb timer will be updated as at the end of last year Valve announced that they would change them for all upcoming Valve-supported events (Minors and Majors). To keep them unified across all tournaments we’ll be updating them to the new values. New round time will be 1:55 and the new bomb timer 0:40.

Deathcam
There were quite a few discussions about the deathcam within the last months in the community. After we internally discussed those changes as well as talking about them with players we agreed that it would be time to shorten the deathcam. Therefore we’ll shorten it down to 2 seconds.

End of the round delay
We are also going to change the delay after a new round starts once a round is completed, this will be shorten to 3 seconds.

**Update**
After the feedback from the community we have now changed it to 5 seconds effective immediately.

Jumpthrow scripts will be forbidden
The last change will be the addition of Jumpthrow to the list of forbidden scripts. We have gathered feedback from players and after a voting the results were quite in favor of banning it which we now do.

For our Intel Extreme Masters World Championship Katowice qualifiers on ESEA, those new settings are already in place for the qualifiers this weekend. For all other ESL leagues and tournaments we'll implement and update our configs and game integration starting Monday, 18th of January 2016 at 11:00 CET.

And don't forget to sign up for our ESL CS:GO Open League Europe, which is your first step into the ESL Pro League.



bLackhawk, Friday, 15/01/16 12:24
 
comments (24)
 
 
What is the cvar to shorten the deathcamtime?
Why still no update about bans for ex-IBP?
rip jumpscripts #helloreddit
marc wrote:
What is the cvar to shorten the deathcamtime?


Seconded, what is it?
Cvar: spec_freeze_deathanim_time - The time that the death cam will spend watching the player's ragdoll before going into the freeze death cam.
Cvar: spec_freeze_panel_extended_time - Time spent with the freeze panel still up after observer freeze cam is done.
Cvar: spec_freeze_target_fov - The target FOV that the deathcam should use.
Cvar: spec_freeze_target_fov_long - The target FOV that the deathcam should use when the cam zoom far away on the target.
Cvar: spec_freeze_time - Time spend frozen in observer freeze cam.
Cvar: spec_freeze_time_lock - Time players are prevented from skipping the freeze cam
Cvar: spec_freeze_traveltime - Time taken to zoom in to frame a target in observer freeze cam.

To be more precise the settings you'd want to use:
spec_freeze_time 2
spec_freeze_panel_extended_time 0
spec_freeze_time_lock 2
spec_freeze_deathanim_time 0
1 edits
So. For ESL ESEA Pro League Finals you use an old Update, because Pros cant addept to an new update some days before an event.

But the rest got not even 24 hours to fix their strats and play without all smokes that needed the jump script?

Kidding me, ye? :D

I mean its okay to ban the jumpscript, but not that close to an qualifier for such an big event?!
niLssoN wrote:
So. For ESL ESEA Pro League Finals you use an old Update, because Pros cant addept to an new update some days before an event.

But the rest got not even 24 hours to fix their strats and play without all smokes that needed the jump script?


Quite the opposite, highlighted again the important parts from the news:

For our Intel Extreme Masters World Championship Katowice qualifiers on ESEA, those new settings are already in place for the qualifiers this weekend.

For all other ESL leagues and tournaments we'll implement and update our configs and game integration starting Monday, 18th of January 2016 at 11:00 CET.
3 edits
David wrote:
niLssoN wrote:
So. For ESL ESEA Pro League Finals you use an old Update, because Pros cant addept to an new update some days before an event.

But the rest got not even 24 hours to fix their strats and play without all smokes that needed the jump script?


Quite the oppsite, highlighted again the impportant parts from the news:
For our Intel Extreme Masters World Championship Katowice qualifiers on ESEA, those new settings are already in place for the qualifiers this weekend. For all other ESL leagues and tournaments we'll implement and update our configs and game integration starting Monday, 18th of January 2016 at 11:00 CET.


For our Intel Extreme Masters World Championship Katowice qualifiers on ESEA, those new settings are already in place for the qualifiers this weekend.

Doesnt that mean it will be played WITH the changes tomorrow in IEM Quali?
David wrote:
(...)
To be more precise the settings you'd want to use:
spec_freeze_time 2
spec_freeze_panel_extended_time 0
spec_freeze_time_lock 2
spec_freeze_deathanim_time 0


and mp_round_restart_delay 3 I guess?

Thank you very much!
niLssoN wrote:
Doesnt that mean it will be played WITH the changes tomorrow in IEM Quali?

Correct.

marc wrote:
and mp_round_restart_delay 3 I guess?

Yes.
Its sad there doesnt seem to be any resistance about the round- and C4timer changes. They affect the gameplay a lot. Every single round will be affected by this change, even though not every single round will see excessive smoke use. Its not the right way of balancing the OP smokes and molotovs, the right way would be nerfing them! Smokes need to be less opaque or shorter at least.

What this change means, is that Valve simply wont bother with the balancing of smokes and molotovs, which is a very sad thing to see. The grenades definitely need some changing and balancing, but as it seems, Valve would rather simply change how every eSport match is being played.

The other changes are quite nice however.
2 edits
@Zoddom:

Well, that fact that those timers were not changed immediately shows that we are not just stupidly following Valve settings. But most of the players want to have consistency, so when they are playing in the Majors and/or their qualifier, they want to have the same settings.
basert wrote:
@Zoddom:

Well, that fact that those timers were not changed immediately shows that we are not just stupidly following Valve settings. But most of the players want to have consistency, so when they are playing in the Majors and/or their qualifier, they want to have the same settings.


yeah I do understand that. However I think the right decision would've been for every player and every league to protest against those changes and to promote a look at grenade-balancing (as I think that was the main reason for this change?). Esport has always been made by players for players and I dont think we should allow developers to have more influence than anyone else in it regarding ruleset.

Now we are stuck with some quite big changes that might have further unforeseen consequences for gameplay, which might result in a kind of power-creep like vicious circle or something like that.
1 edits
Well, leagues should never do "their own thing" and ignore players to tell them whats best for them. Therefore if most of the players want these timings, we sure implement them :)
basert wrote:
Well, leagues should never do "their own thing" and ignore players to tell them whats best for them. Therefore if most of the players want these timings, we sure implement them :)


You just banned jump throw, which is allowed by valve. That's quite your "own thing", don't you think?
Why wasn't I asked about my opinion? How many players voted, could you please post the result link? For me it comes out of nowhere, which is frustrating being a member of ESL.
Can you post a link where we can find the updates ESL CFGs?
We are very happy with those changes of rules! Thank you!
BAERUS wrote:
You just banned jump throw, which is allowed by valve. That's quite your "own thing", don't you think?
Why wasn't I asked about my opinion? How many players voted, could you please post the result link? For me it comes out of nowhere, which is frustrating being a member of ESL.


This is a change which happend due to the feedback we received by the (Pro) players. However it's still the same server config you only have to use your skill a little more instead letting scripts do your work.
FireStar wrote:
you only have to use your skill a little more instead letting scripts do your work.


Except there is very little room for skill in the current state of jumping and throwing.
1 edits
If so just do it that way.
FireStar wrote:
BAERUS wrote:
You just banned jump throw, which is allowed by valve. That's quite your "own thing", don't you think?
Why wasn't I asked about my opinion? How many players voted, could you please post the result link? For me it comes out of nowhere, which is frustrating being a member of ESL.


However it's still the same server config you only have to use your skill a little more instead letting scripts do your work.


This is just plain wrong :/ It has nothing to do with skill, it's about reliability which is not given 100% anymore. Human can't train 100% reliability and thus have to skip the entire throw more often as it would be too risky giving the enemy the possibility of a gap in a smoke for their advantage. In the end it would result in random results, which is a thing that does not help this sport.
me-Shoe rocX wrote:
Can you post a link where we can find the updates ESL CFGs?

http://play.eslgaming.com/counterstrike/csgo/download/26251762/
thx a lot! :)
How will u detect the jumpthrow bind?
 
 
 
Information:
  • info write comment not allowed